Tuesday, August 28, 2018
1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
IEEE Group IV Photonics Conference
Please join us for a half-day workshop on electro-photonic design automation (EPDA) for photonic integrated circuits (PICs), which will be held in advance of the IEEE Group IV Photonics (GFP) 2018 conference in Cancun, Mexico.
The workshop is for application and R&D engineers as well as managers interested in understanding the development of PICs and the role of software automation in their design, simulation, and fabrication.
At the workshop, there will be an overview of the Synopsys software tools for integrated photonics design and manufacturing. The workshop will present Synopsys’s top-down flow and photonic tool chain including OptSim Circuit for PIC schematic entry and simulation, PhoeniX OptoDesigner for PIC layout and mask generation, and the RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite for device design and custom PDK development. The workshop will feature live demonstrations of the Synopsys tools.
Following is the agenda of the workshop:
- Overview of tools and schematic-driven design flow
- Synopsys tool chain: OptSim Circuit, PhoeniX Software OptoDesigner, RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite, Sentaurus TCAD
- Training and live demonstration:
- OptSim Circuit for schematic-driven PIC design
- PhoeniX OptoDesigner for mask layout and verification
- Custom PDK component development using RSoft Photonic Component Design Suite
- Opto-electronic component design using Sentaurus TCAD and RSoft Component Design Suite
The workshop will be held at the conference site and is open to all conference attendees at no charge. Complimentary lunch and refreshments will be provided by Synopsys.