Synopsys trademarks, service marks, logos, and brands (referred to here as “trademarks”) are Synopsys’ valuable intellectual property assets. Synopsys trademarks must be used properly and only to the extent as permitted by Synopsys. The following guidelines apply to Synopsys employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and any other third parties. Follow these guidelines to ensure correct and consistent use of Synopsys trademarks.
1. Use a trademark as an adjective followed by a generic noun (or as a standalone graphical element, such as on packaging), NOT as a noun or a verb. Do not pluralize a trademark or make it possessive.
- Does the sentence still make sense if you remove the trademark from the sentence? If yes, then your use is proper. If not, you need to add something like the generic words “software”, “tool”, “library”, “model”, “core”, etc. after the trademark.
- Proper use example: Using Synopsys ZeBu® libraries, customer can achieve. . .
- Improper use example: Using ZeBu® , customers can achieve . . .
2. Accompany a trademark with the proper symbol (e.g., ® or ™)
- The first appearance of the trademark in any given use must be followed by the appropriate trademark symbol. It is acceptable to omit a symbol in headlines, titles, subheads, diagrams or tops of slides, but the next use must include the appropriate symbol.
- Exception: Synopsys is a trademark but it is also our company name. When referring to Synopsys as a company name, it is okay to use it as a noun and not to have the ® or ™ symbol, e.g., "Synopsys reports widespread adoption. . ."
- If the symbols cannot be used in superscript mode, use parentheses (i.e., (TM), (SM) or (R)).
- Refer to the current listing of trademarks below.
3. Make it clear that the trademark (and the product it is the name of, as applicable) is owned by Synopsys
- Proper use example: New Synopsys HAPS® hardware. . . .
- Improper use example: New HAPS® hardware. . . .
4. Always use the complete and proper spelling of the trademark. Never use acronyms in place of the trademark and never hyphenate or abbreviate the trademark.
5. Do not incorporate or combine Synopsys trademarks (including without limitation logos) into third party product names, service names, trademarks, logos, or other company names, nor adopt any logos or other marks that are similar to Synopsys’ trademarks.
6. Identify Synopsys as the owner of the trademark, e.g., [Mark] is a trademark of Synopsys, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
7. Only use Synopsys company and product logos as set forth in the applicable LOGO GUIDELINES and any instructions provided by Synopsys (including without limitation with respect to fonts, colors, orientation and position, sizes and other parameters). For example, the guidelines for the “Synopsys” logo are available at this URL: http://www.synopsys.com/company/legal/logos-usage.html