Visit our Customer Support Portal for information about PDK installers and how to obtain PDK files (account required).
Process Design Kits (PDKs) provide photonic circuit designers the ability to use pre-qualified and characterized building blocks from which to build up their circuits. This saves designers time and reduces potential errors.
PDKs can include:
- Libraries of passive and active photonic building blocks
- Die and package templates
- Frequency and time-domain models (only for PDKs with circuit simulation capabilities)
- Optical properties for custom component design and phase-aware routing
- Optical and manufacturing verification rules
- Automated streamout to final, foundry-specific graphic database system (GDS) format
OptSim Circuit and OptoDesigner provide access to more than 30 foundry-specific PDKs to provide PDK-driven custom and hybrid design capabilities for the following technology platforms:
- Silicon photonics
- InP/III-V technologies
- TriPleX and other SiO2/SiN technologies
- Polymers, silica, and more
Following is a list of the PDKs available from foundry partners offering MPW services. This list groups the PDKs according to their design capabilities.