We are pleased to announce that version 2020.12 of LucidShape is now available. This release introduces the LucidShape SmartStart Material Library Module and other new and enhanced features.
Key improvements include:
New SmartStart Material Library Module
- Saves time and reduces costs with access to a library of materials and media commonly needed in the design of automotive lighting systems.
- Includes refractive index and absorption data for various media, as well as pre-defined scatter materials.
- Provides measured scatter data for volume and surface scatter from vendors, such as Evonik, Albis, DowChemical, Trinseo, Sabic, Kopp, Covestro, Momentive, RTP, Auer, Idemitsu, Tenibac, VDI 3400, and Mold-Tech.
Freeform Design Lens
- Utilize the power and flexibility of freeform surfaces to create complex light distributions.
- Generate specific light distributions required by forward lighting applications, exterior and interior projection systems, and puddle, back-up, and license plate lamps.
Human Eye Vision Image
- Use the enhanced HEVI tone mapping algorithm to compute the most physically accurate photorealistic images.
- Improve productivity with the simplified HEVI tone mapping feature, now requiring fewer presets to obtain high quality images.
Enhanced IIHS Benchmark
- Evaluate designs against the enhanced IIHS safety benchmark with additional parameters.