We are pleased to announce that version 2020.09 of LucidShape CAA V5 Based is now available. This release introduces the LucidShape SmartStart Material Library Module. Upgrades and feature enhancements have been added to the LucidShape CAA Base, Design, and Light Guide Design Modules.
Key improvements include:
New SmartStart Material Library Module
- Save time and reduce costs with access to a library of materials and media commonly used in the design of automotive lighting systems.
- Includes refractive index and absorption data for various media, as well as pre-defined scatter materials.
- Measured scatter material/media data is available for volume and surface scatter from a variety of vendors, including Evonik, Albis, DowChemical, Trinseo, Sabic, Kopp, Covestro, Momentive, RTP, Auer, Idemitsu, Tenibac, VDI 3400, Mold-Tech
Base Module Improvements
- Easily apply surface scatter parameters that have been provided by material vendors, or that have been measured by Light Tec
- Have increased analysis flexibility with output of user-defined test table analysis in Excel
- Quickly determine regulation pass/fail by re-aiming test points automatically
- Achieve better light guide uniformity with the ability to perform linear or curved section analysis on a UV Data View.
- Compare two designs with the ISO contour plot overlay for two UV Data Views
Design Module Improvements
- Take advantage of expanded design capabilities with the addition of PS Variable Rotational Lens and Rotational Fresnel Lens
Light Guide Design Module Improvements
- More easily and quickly create filleted prisms for light guides