For SCL, Synopsys recommends single (not redundant) license servers with the following system hardware & configuration:
- SCL 2021.03
- Recent AMD or Intel x86_64 processor
- OS: CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 or 7.9
- Multiple cores (modern CPU with four or more cores)
- 2 GHz CPU speed or better
- 32 or 64 GB of RAM
- 10 Gbps Ethernet card & switch
- ext3 or ext4 filesystem
- Adequate file descriptors (typically 32768 or higher)
- A physical machine is recommended over a WAN
- Other OS platforms are supported (see table below), but are recommended only for LAN servers with small quantities of licenses.
- Docker, Singularity, and other containers are not compatible with SCL.
- Virtual machine setup is not recommended over a WAN as this can impact server performance.
- Redundant (triad) server setup is not supported over a public or private cloud
- Redundant server setup is not supported when the SCL server is a virtual machine
- The reiserfs filesystem is not supported.
- The btrfs filesystem is supported only starting with SCL 2020.06.
Supported SCL Platforms by Operating System & Platform Keyword
For a list of Operating Systems supported under SCL 2021.03, see the table below.