Dongle Setup & Troubleshooting
Prior to using your dongle-based licenses you must install a dongle driver. If you have counted license keys, the Synopsys Common Licensing software must also be installed and started. (Uncounted keys do not require SCL. However, uncounted keys cannot be used over a remote desktop connection.)
For Linux, see the DONGLE_README.txt file in the scl_root\platform\drivers directory for setup instructions.
For Windows OS:
Make sure the OS is supported. For the 2021.03 release, Synopsys supports Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2016.
Remove the dongle.
- For dongles that reference FLEXID=9-:
- Install the latest FlexId 9 drivers located at scl_root\2021.03\win32\drivers\SCL_FLEXID9_Installer.exe.
- For dongles that reference FLEXID=10-:
- Browse to scl_root\2021.03\win32\drivers and extract FLEXID10_Windows_v6_51_x86.zip to scl_root\2021.03\win32\drivers\wibu.
- Browse to scl_root\2021.03\win32\drivers\wibu\FLEXID10_Windows_v6_51_x64
- Click Setup.exe
- On the page Select the WibuKey components you like to install: deselect all options.
This will install just the plain Wibu dongle driver.
- If you have an older dongle (such as FLEXID=7-):
- Run scl_root\2021.03\win32\driver\Flexera_FLEXID9\FLEXIdInstaller.exe to install the correct legacy driver.
- Reinsert the dongle. Attach it directly to the system; do not attach the dongle to another device or to a USB hub.
- If you have Synopsys Common Licensing 2018.06 or later installed, verify the dongle is recognized by using lmtools:
- If the above steps do not help:
- Remove the dongle
- Uninstall any old drivers via the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet. These may have names like Aladdin HASP, Globetrotter FLEXid Driver, Macrovision FLEXid Driver, Rainbow Technologies, Sentinel or Sentinel System Drivers.
- Shut down and restart the system.
- Repeate steps 6 and 7.
- Once the correct FlexId shows, start the SCL license server with lmtools. (SCL is only required for counted licenses.) For details on starting SCL on Windows, click here.
- After SCL is started, go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables and set the system licensing variable SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE or LM_LICENSE_FILE to point to the license server. For example, set SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE to 27020@my_server.