Starting with the June 2014 tool release, PerfectVIPs keys for verification tools based on the perflmd daemon will migrate to Synopsys Common Licensing (SCL).
The migration to SCL means that starting June 2014:
- SCL 11.8 (based on FlexNet 11.12.1) will be released
- License keys for tools based on the perflmd and vendor daemons will be reissued in the Synopsys combined vendor daemon (cvd) format (June 6, 2014)
- Standard cvd-format license keys will be available for download at the SmartKeys Website
The cvd-format keys will require Synopsys Common Licensing version 11.8. Instructions for setting up and starting SCL version 11.8 will be posted online in the Synopsys Licensing QuickStart Guide
You will be required to migrate to SCL version 11.8 if you have PerfectVIPs features and you move to a new license file issued on or after June 6, 2014. Activities that could trigger the required upgrade include:
- Retrieving a new keyfile from SmartKeys
- A new or renewal order is placed
- Keys are remixed or extended
- Keys are rehosted
SCL version 11.8 provides the following benefits:
- Compatibility with new tool releases
- Backward compatibility with older tool releases
- A simplified licensing setup (one license file, one vendor daemon) for all Synopsys products
- A 24x7 license key retrieval mechanism, available at SmartKeys.
- The latest FlexNet bugfixes and enhancements
How to Migrate to Synopsys Common Licensing
In June 2014, you will receive a single license cvd-format file for both Synopsys and PerfectVIPs products. To use this license file, the following actions must be taken:
1. Make sure your license server OS is supported by Synopsys Common Licensing. See the list here.
2. Download and Install SCL version 11.8
3. Customize the new cvd-format license file (SERVER and VENDOR lines)
4. Bring down the perflmd daemon (including lmgrd)
5. Bring down SCL / snpslmd (if running)
6. Start the SCL version 11.8 vendor daemon
7. Make sure the PERFLMD_LICENSE_FILE and/or LM_LICENSE_FILE user environment is updated
This migration will not require you to update your tool versions, as Synopsys Common Licensing version 11.8 will be able to support all versions of your tools.
Plan your migration to SCL version 11.8 now.