The DesignWare® ARC® HS46FS, HS46FSx4, HS47DFS, HS47DFSx4, HS48FS, and HS48FSx4 functional safety Processors simplify development of high-performance safety-critical applications and accelerate ISO 26262 certification of automotive system-on-chips (SoCs). The ASIL D compliant processors feature a pre-verified dual-core lockstep implementation including a self-checking safety monitor. There is also an option to run the cores in performance mode for ASIL B or non-automotive applications requiring higher performance based on the same design.
Within the processors the interrupt controller, watchdog timer, and options such as cluster DMA and FPU are tightly coupled to the core and are instantiated within the main and shadow core for full redundancy.
The ARC HS Functional Safety processors are supported with comprehensive safety documentation including FMEDA reports and the ARC MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler to generate ISO 26262 compliant code.
ARC HS4xFS Safety Processors Block Diagram
ARC HS Functional Safety Processors Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Dual-core lockstep safety processor supports ISO 26262 automotive safety standards
- Single solution for Automotive Safety Integrity Level B, C and D (ASIL B, C, D); Supports both ASIL D lockstep operation or ASIL B, C single core operation
- Includes hardware safety features: ECC, integrated user-programmable windowed watchdog timer, and lockstep safety monitor
- Dual-issue, 32-bit processor for high-performance applications
- Support for DSP instructions
- MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler
- Extensive safety documentation eases SoC certification process
|ARC HS38 with ASIL-B and ASIL-D support including dual-core lockstep for automotive functional safety applications||STARs
|Quad-core ARC HS46 with ASIL-B and ASIL-D support including dual-core lockstep for automotive safety applications||STARs
|ARC HS46 with ASIL-B and ASIL-D support including dual-core lockstep for automotive functional safety applications||STARs
|ARC HS47D with ASIL-B and ASIL-D support including dual-core lockstep for automotive functional safety applications||STARs