The DesignWare® ARC™ 725D configurable processor core is a full-featured, high performance embedded processor core that delivers extremely compact die area and low power . The ARC 725D processor core is ideal for demanding embedded SoC applications in consumer, networking, automotive and other markets.
Powerful DSP options enable the DesignWare ARC 725D processor core to efficiently perform more of the functions of the SoC, eliminating the need for separate logic or DSP blocks. Optional custom instruction extensions may be incorporated to achieve application performance levels unattainable with fixed architecture cores.
The DesignWare ARC 725D processor core is supported by a full suite of software and hardware development tools. The suite includes the MetaWare Development Kit, which generates highly efficient code that is ideal for embedded applications and ARC simulators including xCAM and nSIM, and the ARChitect configuration tool.
Register for the ARC 700 Processor Online Training
Evaluate ARC 700 Now
DesignWare ARC 725D Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- A highly configurable architecture allows SoC designers to include only the core features that are required for their specific application, resulting in smaller die size and lower power than can be achieved with a fixed core.
- User-defined instruction and register extensions deliver 5 - 100 times performance improvement of critical routines.
- Includes instruction and data cache support, and closely coupled (single-cycle) memories provide fast, predictable computation.
- Built-in DSP features include instruction and register extensions that accelerate signal processing algorithms.
- Optional DesignWare ARC XY Advanced DSP subsystem delivers the performance of dedicated DSP cores.
- DesignWare ARCompact™ 16- / 32-bit Instruction Set Architecture reduces code size by up to 40 percent compared to 32-bit only instruction sets.
- Inter-core communication ISA support, multi-core debug environment and flexible interfaces enable multi-core designs.
- JTAG debug port and optional embedded hardware breakpoints facilitate software debug.
- Delivered as synthesizable RTL source code (Verilog®), the DesignWare ARC 725D core is fully compatible with industry standard design methodologies and tool flows.
|ARC 725D high-performance, 32-bit processor core with cache, DSP, FPU||STARs