A shift-left approach that accelerates collaboration between development and security organizations is what’s needed today to truly safeguard the application level against attacks. Speed is driving change in the software development process. As such, security practices need to align with this speed by being incorporated across the software development lifecycle (SDLC) from start to finish. According to Gartner, DevSecOps practices will be embedded in 80% of rapid development teams by 2021. Such practices should encourage higher speed, lower cost, reduced friction, and continuous feedback.
As an organization moves toward embracing DevSecOps practices, there are some technologies that can support this process shift. Static application security testing (SAST) and software composition analysis (SCA) can help developers deliver high-quality and more secure codebases at the front end of the pipeline. Dynamic analysis tools test running applications to uncover vulnerable behavior. Plus, using Code Sight in DevSecOps is like providing a spell-checker for software security. Let tools loaded with ‘security domain’ checkers under-the-hood do the work, leaving engineers to primarily tackle findings as part of typical defect management.
In its software security and quality portfolio, Synopsys provides these types of testing tools via its Polaris Software Integrity Platform™, an integrated application security toolset that equips security and development teams to build secure, high-quality software faster. For the fourth consecutive year, Gartner has named Synopsys a leader in its Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST), with a position that is the highest and furthest right in the Leaders Quadrant. Along with software security, Synopsys also provides the aerospace and defense industry with software development, silicon design, and optical solutions to help manage risk, cost, and compliance requirements. The top aerospace and defense semiconductor companies use Synopsys solutions for:
- A broad range of software development tools and services, which allow security and quality to be built in at the beginning
- Industry-leading design, verification, and test solutions that foster on-time delivery of reliable SoCs and FPGA-based designs
- High-quality, silicon-proven IP and subsystems that reduce risk and accelerate development schedules
- Access to 50 years of experience delivering innovative optical design and analysis software that helps meet specifications and minimize costs
- A comprehensive solution for integrating security and quality into the SDLC and supply chain for early detection and remediation of software defects and vulnerabilities
By aligning DevSecOps with risk management strategies supported by our comprehensive portfolio of tools for aerospace and defense applications, organizations can create solutions that meet national security demands.