If you have a process you are constantly repeating using one or more datasets, you could use our scripting functionality to automate it. This could be as simple as running a few tools one after another, for example:
- Applying a Morphological Close filter to close small holes
- Applying a Cavity fill to remove internal cavities
- Applying a Recursive Gaussian to smooth the surface
You can also automate the process of importing, segmenting, and tidying image data before creating and meshing models for export (among many other operations). This can be done for multiple datasets. Supported scripting languages include Python and C#.
There are a few ways to create your scripts:
- Complete scripting novice? Use our Macro option to record the workflow as you perform it
- Dabbled in scripting before but not so sure? Convert from the log in an existing project file into any of the supported languages
- Expert at your chosen scripting language? Use our Simpleware Scripting API to find the right commands and write from scratch
Alternatively, use a combination of the options above along with our Scripting Help Guide, which gives you examples of scripts built using our tutorials and the associated data. These also give you guidance on how to build in loops, dialogue boxes and more.