- Intel and AMD processors supporting SSE2 (such as Intel Core, Intel Atom, AMD Athlon 64, etc.)
- To get maximum performance from multi-threaded simulations, we recommend 4 to 16 CPU cores. LightTools simulation performance scales well with the number of cores, so a computer with 12 or 16 cores can secure an almost linear increase in performance.
- If Intel Hyper-Threading Technology is available on your computer, enabling it will further increase multi-threaded simulation performance.
Supported Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) for 32-bit or 64-bit
- 32-bit Windows: 4 GB minimum.
- 64-bit Windows: 8 GB minimum, 16 GB recommended (or more for extremely large models or large simulations)
Disk Space required
- Free disk space on the system drive (i.e., the drive on which the operating system is installed): 10 GB minimum. Large models and complex analyses may require significantly more disk space. If LightTools is installed on a drive other than the system drive, that drive should also have at least 10 GB free disk space.
- For the LightTools’ SOLIDWORKS Link Module, SOLIDWORKS 2010 or higher is required.
- Monitor supporting 1280 x 1024 or better resolution recommended.
- OpenGL compliant graphics card with stable ICD driver support recommended. We recommend that you always use the latest version of the driver for your graphics card.