- Intel and AMD processors supporting SSE2 (such as Intel Core, Intel Atom, AMD Athlon 64, etc.)
- To get maximum performance from multi-threaded simulations, we recommend 4 to 16 CPU cores. LightTools simulation performance scales well with the number of cores, so a computer with 12 or 16 cores can secure an almost linear increase in performance.
- If Intel Hyper-Threading Technology is available on your computer, enabling it will further increase multi-threaded simulation performance.
Supported Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Windows 7 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1)*
- Windows 10
*Because Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows 7, LightTools releases after 9.0 will not support Windows 7.
- 8 GB minimum, 16 GB recommended (or more for extremely large models or large simulations)
Disk Space required
- Free disk space as listed to installed LightTools components.