The Synopsys ARC-V™ RMX-110-FS and RMX-510-FS Functional Safety Processors simplify development of safety-critical applications and accelerate ISO 26262 certification of automotive system-on-chips (SoCs). The RMX Series safety processors support ISO 26262 ASIL D safety levels for both systematic development and random fault detection, offering tightly coupled dual-core lockstep (DCLS) implementations. For the RMX-510-FS, there is also an option to run the two cores in an independent “hybrid” mode for ASIL B or non-automotive applications requiring higher performance.
Integrated hardware safety features include ECC, user-programmable windowed watchdog timer, end-to-end protection (E2E) for buses/data-path, and a lockstep safety monitor. Options such as the FPU are instantiated within the main and shadow core for full redundancy while an optional advanced processor trace module (RISC-V N-Trace) can also be licensed.
The Synopsys ARC-V RMX-110-FS and RMX-510-FS processors are supported by comprehensive safety work products and the MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler to generate ISO 26262 compliant code.
Synopsys ARC-V RMX FS Block Diagram
- Developed for full ASIL D compliance (systematic and random faults)
- Tightly-coupled dual-core safety implementation based on ultra-compact ARC-V RMX processors
- Single solution support for safety level up to ASIL D; Supports both ASIL D lockstep operation or ASIL B single-core operation (RMX-510-FS only)
- Integrated hardware safety features including ECC, user-programmable windowed watchdog timer, end-to-end protection (E2E) for buses/data-path, and lockstep safety monitor
- MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler
- Extensive safety documentation eases SoC certification process