Synopsys provides designers with silicon-proven, configurable Synopsys USB 2.0 Controllers that are compliant with the USB-Implementers Forum (USB-IF) USB 2.0 specifications. The Synopsys digital controllers provide: the lowest gate count; power management optimized with dual power rails; and a ULPI interface for discrete PHYs and UTMI/UTMI+ interface for integrated PHYs. This comprehensive solution includes the USB 2.0 LPM-HSIC, OTG, Host and Device Controllers.
The Synopsys USB 2.0 IP is the most certified IP solution in the industry. With thousands of design wins and billions of silicon-proven units shipped, Synopsys' complete USB IP solution, consisting of digital controllers, PHY and Verification IP, enables designers to lower integration risk and speed time-to-market.
Synopsys optimized the USB 2.0 Controllers for low power, small area and ease-of-integration, such as is required in Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
Synopsys IP Prototyping Kit for USB 2.0 HS OTG
Synopsys USB 2.0 Controller IP
Synopsys USB Link Power Management and High Speed Inter-Chip Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Configuration options to maximize performance and minimize CPU interrupts
- Flexible parameters enable easy integration into low and high-latency systems
- Transfer- or transaction-based processing of USB data based on system requirements
- Configurable data buffering options to fine-tune performance/ area trade-offs
- Buffer and descriptor pre-fetching maximizes host throughput
- Firmware-selectable endpoint configurations enable post-silicon application changes and the flexibility of one-chip design for multiple applications
- Quality IP is tested through extensive Constrained Random Verification
- AMBA™ High-Performance Bus (AHB) interface enables rapid integration into ARM-based designs
- UTMI+ Level 3 enables rapid integration with compatible PHYs
- Hi-Speed (480 Mbps), Full-Speed (12 Mbps), and Low- Speed (1.5 Mbps) operation is compliant to the USB OTG Supplement
- The USB 2.0 HS OTG Controller operates as either peripheral or host
- The Hi-Speed USB EHCI Host Controller is also available
|USB 2.0 Device Controller version 4 with Active Clock Gating to save active power||STARs
|USB 2.0 Hi-Speed OTG Controller Subsystem w/AHB Interface Supporting HSIC (config. as Device only or Full Speed only)||STARs
|USB 2.0 Hi-Speed OTG Controller version 4 with Active Clock Gating to save active power||STARs