The multi-channel DesignWare® PHY IP for PCI Express® (PCIe®)5.0 and CXL includes Synopsys’ high-speed, high-performance transceiver to meet today’s demands for higher bandwidth. The PHY meets the needs of today’s high-speed chip-to-chip, board-to-board, and backplane interfaces while being extremely low in power and area.
Using leading-edge design, analysis, simulation, and measurement techniques, Synopsys delivers exceptional signal integrity and jitter performance that exceeds the PCI Express standards electrical specifications. The high-margin, robust PHY architecture tolerates process, voltage and temperature (PVT) manufacturing variations and is implemented with standard CMOS digital process technologies.
The multi-tap transmitter and receiver equalizers, along with the advanced built-in diagnostics and ATE test vectors, enable customers to control, monitor and test for signal integrity without the need for expensive test equipment. This provides on-chip visibility into actual link and channel performance to quickly improve signal integrity, reducing both product development cycles and the need for costly field support.
DesignWare IP PHY IP for PCI Express 5.0 and CXL
Downloads and Documentation
- Supports all required features of the PCIe® 5.0, 4.0, 3.1, 2.1, 1.1, PIPE, and CXL 1.1 specifications
- x1, x2, x4, x8, x16 lane configurations with bifurcation
- Multi-tap adaptive and programmable Continuous Time Linear Equalizer (CTLE) and Decision Feedback Equalization (DFE) supporting more than 36dB channel loss
- Adaptive receiver equalizer with programmable settings
- Supports lane margining at the receiver
- Supports L1 substate power management
- Power gating
- Embedded bit error rate (BER) tester and internal eye monitor
- Built-in Self Test vectors, PRBS generation and checker
- IEEE 1149.6 AC JTAG Boundary Scan
- Supports -40°C to 125°C junction temperatures
- Supports flip-chip packaging
|PCIe 5.0 PHY, TSMC16FFC x4, North/South (vertical) poly orientation||STARs
|PCIe 5.0 PHY, TSMC7FF x4, North/South (vertical) poly orientation||STARs