Synopsys has pre-integrated USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 IP into a single subsystem solution to save customers more than two engineering years of integration and verification effort. The DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 IP Subsystem Solution includes the USB 3.1 Dual Role Device Controller, DisplayPort 1.4 TX Controller, HDCP 2.2 Embedded Security Module, and USB-C/DisplayPort PHY, delivered in a single package for easier delivery, setup, configuration and integration.
Synopsys’ comprehensive, fully integrated solution lowers integration risk, helps projects tape out on schedule and supports first-silicon success for improved time-to-market.
The DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort TX 1.4 TX IP is targeted for integration into SoCs that support connections to high-definition (HD), 2K, 4K, and 8K Ultra High Definition (UHD) display from mobile devices, set-top boxes and other applications requiring fast data transfer and output of high-resolution content. The DesignWare IP solution delivers up to 10 Gbps data rates and simplifies users’ USB connection with reversible plug orientation and cable direction, bi-directional power and the DisplayPort alternate mode. The DisplayPort 1.4 alternate mode uses existing SuperSpeed USB lanes over USB Type-C connectors and cables to deliver up to 32.4 Gbps maximum link bandwidth with each of the four lanes running at 8.1 Gbps. The DesignWare IP USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 TX IP solution simplifies integration and reduces system-level costs by removing requirements for external crossbar switch components for the USB and DisplayPort datapaths.
The DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 TX IP solution integrates HDCP 2.2 content security, which is required to play back UHD 4K and higher-resolution content over DisplayPort 1.4 alternate mode. It creates a secure connection between a source and display by using industry standard public key and advanced encryption algorithms for successful content transfer. Synopsys’ HDCP 2.2 content protection IP provides designers with a complete and highly secure implementation of the HDCP 2.2 standard, including the entire control plane processing with authentication and key exchange protocols, as well as key stream generation. Incorporating HDCP 2.2 content protection in the DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 TX IP solution helps designers meet the stringent compliance requirements of the DCP LLC licensing authority.
As the leading supplier of USB IP, Synopsys enables designers to accelerate the integration of high-performance USB Type-C connectivity into their SoCs, while enabling secure delivery of high-definition video content.
DesignWare SuperSpeed USB 3.1 IP Solution
DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX IP Complete Solution
Downloads and Documentation
- Single delivery with a single top-level view of subsystem
- Industry’s only USB Type-C IP solution consisting of USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 TX PHYs, USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 TX controllers with HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4 content protection, verification IP, and IP subsystems
- Auto-configuration and assembly with the most frequently used features from thousands of USB designs
- Generates a fully integrated subsystem with controllers, PHYs, and embedded security module
- Generates a test bench ready for integration into SoC verification environment including
- USB, DisplayPort, and AXI Verification IP
- Test Cases for Host and Device Mode
- Drivers for simulation
- Solution supports USB Type-C, SuperSpeed USB 3.1 at 10 Gbps, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 at 5 Gbps and High-Speed USB (USB 2.0) as well as DisplayPort 1.4 TX supporting RBR, HBR1, HBR2 and HBR3 bitrates
- Controllers support Device, Host, and Dual-Role Device USB-C 3.1 as well as DisplayPort 1.4 TX with HDCP 2.2 content protection
- DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.4 TX PHY optimized for USB Type-C connectivity conforms to latest USB 3.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 specifications
- Supports Type-C Port Controller (TCPC), TCPC interface and Type-C Port Manager (TCPM) specifications for flexible hardware and software partitioning