The DesignWare® USR/XSR PHY IP for 112Gbps per lane die-to-die connectivity
enables high-bandwidth ultra and extra short reach interfaces in multi-chip
modules (MCMs) for hyperscale data center, AI, and networking applications.
The low-latency, low-power, and compact PHY supports NRZ and PAM-4
signaling from 2.5G to 112G data rates and is compliant with the OIF CEI-112G
and CEI-56G standards for ultra-short reach (USR) and extra- short reach (XSR)
links. The USR/XSR PHY offers flexible layout for maximum bandwidth per
die-edge by allowing placement of the square macros along all edges of the die.
It deploys 16-lane transmit and receive macros for optimized segmentation on
the multiple dies. The robust DLL-based clock forwarded architecture enables high energy
efficiency while supporting reliable links of up to 50 millimeters for large MCMs.
The PHY enables multi-die connectivity over organic substrates, which helps
reduce packaging costs without requiring advanced interposer-based packaging
over shorter distances. The embedded bit error rate (BER) tester and nondestructive
2D eye monitor capability provide on-chip testability and visibility
into channel performance. Besides the PMA and PMD, the PHY includes a
raw-PCS to facilitate the interface with the on-chip network, regardless of the
existing networking protocol. The USR/XSR IP is combined with Synopsys’
comprehensive routing feasibility analysis, packages substrate guidelines,
signal and power integrity models, and crosstalk analysis for fast and reliable
integration into SoCs.
DesignWare USR/XSR PHY IP
Downloads and Documentation
- 16-lane TX and RX square macros for placement in any edge of the die
- Supports 2.5G to 112G data rates, enabling very high bandwidth per mm of beachfront for die-to-die and die-to-optical engine connectivity
- Implements NRZ and PAM-4 signaling
- Meets the performance, efficiency and reliability requirements of die-to-die interconnects
- Robust DLL-based, clock forwarded architecture minimizes complexity and power dissipation
- Linear equalization and T-Coils in RX and TX allow compliance to XSR links up to 50mm for large MCM designs
- Low jitter phase-locked loops (PLLs) provide robust timing recovery and better jitter performance
- Compliant with the OIF CEI-112G and CEI-56G standards for USR and XSR links
|Die-to-Die, 112G Ultra-Extra Short Reach PHY Ported to TSMC N5 X16, North/South (vertical) poly orientation||STARs
|Die-to-Die, 112G Ultra-Extra Short Reach PHY Ported to TSMC N7 X16, North/South (vertical) poly orientation||STARs