DesignWare® ARC® Sound AS211SFX and AS221BD Audio Processors are complete, configurable, extendible and high-performance processors that can easily be incorporated into SoC designs to enable high-quality audio applications. The ARC audio processors, which are also integrated in the DesignWare SoundWave Audio Subsystem, support a broad portfolio of certified audio codecs and post-processing software from a range of popular standards including Dolby, DTS, Microsoft and SRS. With the ARC Multimedia MQX, audio software functions including decoding, encoding, post-processing can be easily instantiated and configured, enabling users to quickly create new audio graphs and the entire audio software stack for their use cases.
The ARC audio processors utilize the 16-/32-bit DesignWare ARCompact Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) that provides both RISC and full DSP capabilities in a unified architecture. With patented configuration technology, the cores can be easily customized to meet any application requirement from ultra-small task-specific controllers to programmable and robust application processors. Additionally, the extendible instruction set makes it possible for customers to add instructions and operations to provide additional acceleration and more efficient operation, resulting in highly differentiated designs that cannot be built with standard, off-the-shelf DSPs or CPUs.
These audio processors are also designed to be tolerant to high memory latencies. Compared to other solutions in the market the impact of latency on the processor load is negligable, making the ARC processors the best solution for systems like video and graphics IP, where DDR memory is shared with other resources.
ARC Sound AS211SFX Audio Processor
The AS211SFX audio processor is an excellent solution for consumer, portable and mobile applications including portable audio players, digital cameras, media players and digital TV where lowest power and smallest area are required.
ARC Sound AS221BD Audio Processor
The DesignWare ARC Sound AS221BD Audio Processor extends the capabilities of the ARC Sound AS211SFX processor with a dual core processor to maximize performance. The AS221BD processor is designed for high-performance, multi-channel HD audio and Blu-ray Disc™ applications. The processor software is fully backwards compatible with the ARC Sound AS211SFX audio processor. The AS221BD audio processor runs the most demanding, complex, high data rate audio applications at low clock speeds, providing a lot of headroom for future tasks or additional audio post-processing.
Register for the ARC Sound Audio Processor Online Training
DesignWare ARC AS211SFX Audio Processor Datasheet
DesignWare ARC AS221BD Audio Processor Datasheet
DesignWare Processor IP Portfolio Brochure
Downloads and Documentation
- Dual 32x16 XMAC component supports up to two 32x16 MAC operations per instructions and supports all the 32x16 & dual 16x16 MAC instructions
- Dual XMAC built in shifters and 80-bit accumulators allow pseudo floating-point operations to be performed which greatly expanded dynamic range
- RAM configuration optimized for efficient area and power
- Improved system efficiency with enhanced ARM® AMBA® AXI™/AHB™ bus bridges
- DesignWare ARC XY Advanced DSP solution delivers the performance of dedicated DSP cores
- DesignWare ARCompact 16-/32-bit Instruction Set Architecture reduces code size by up to 40 percent compared to 32-bit only instruction sets
- Delivered as synthesizable RTL source code (Verilog®) to be fully compatible with industry-standard design methodologies and tool flows
- XY Advanced DSP solution delivers the performance of dedicated DSP cores
- DesignWare MetaWare Tools, xCAM and nSIM simulators
|ARC Sound 210 audio processor with optimized DSP||STARs
|ARC Sound 211 audio processor, with dual MAC, optimized DSP||STARs
|ARC Sound 221 BD for Blu-ray HD audio, with dual MAC, optimized DSP, power management||STARs