Integrating advanced peripherals such as multi-megapixel cameras and higher resolution screens into next generation devices brings new challenges to the industry in terms of power, time-to-market and overall system costs. To address these challenges, the Mobile Industry Processor Interface (MIPI®) Alliance defines and promotes system-on-chip (SoC) and peripheral device interface specifications, such as the Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2).
Compliant with the latest MIPI CSI-2 specification, DesignWare® MIPI CSI-2 Host and Device Controllers are fully-verified configurable IP solutions that provide a high-speed serial interface between an application or image processor and camera sensors. The controllers are architected to interface with the silicon-proven DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP via the recommended PHY Protocol Interface (PPI), providing an easy to integrate and high-quality solution.
Synopsys’ DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Host Controller IP, DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Device Controller IP, DesignWare MIPI I3C Controller IP and DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP provide a complete camera interface IP solution that enables designers to lower the risk and cost of integrating the MIPI CSI-2 interface IP into application processors, image signal processors and multimedia co-processors, while improving the time-to-market demand of mobile, IoT and automotive SoCs.
DesignWare MIPI Complete Solution Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Device Controller IP Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 Host Controller Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI D-PHY Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI I3C Controller IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with the MIPI CSI-2 specification, v1.2
- PPI interface to D-PHY as recommended in the MIPI D-PHY specification, v1.2
- Configurable up to 8 data lanes at up to 2.5 Gbps per lane
- Supports all primary and secondary CSI-2 Data Formats
- Short and Long packet formats
- Built-in test and debug capabilities
- Automatic generation of error correction code for the packet header, and checksum for the packet data
- Programmable multi-lane merging
- Detection of low-power and ultra low-power modes
- 64-bit pixel output format
- AMBA® APB control and configuration
- Packaged with Synopsys coreConsultant tool