The Synopsys ARC® Audio Bluetooth LC SBC Encoder and Decoder implements Low Complexity Sub-band Coding (LC SBC) as defined by Bluetooth Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).
The Bluetooth LC SBC Encoder and Decoder uses four or eight sub-bands, adaptive bit allocation algorithms and adaptive block Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) quantizers. Applications include wireless audio streaming for a wide range of devices such as headphones, wireless speakers, navigation devices and car kits for mobile phones. The Synopsys ARC Bluetooth LC SBC Encoder and Decoder is optimized for low processor load and small memory footprint, with additional optimizations for full-duplex mode.
Synopsys ARC Audio Bluetooth LC SBC Encoder & Decoder Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Supports all features as defined by the A2DP v1.3 specification
- Supports mSBC feature as defined by the HFP v1.6 specification
- Up to 2 channels: mono, dual channel, stereo and joint stereo modes
- Sample rates of 16, 32, 44.1 and 48 kHz
- 16-bit PCM input / output
- SNR and Loudness bit allocation modes
- Robust to memory latency: 8.2/8.5 MHz processor load at 100 cycles latency (encoding / decoding)