Integrating advanced peripherals such as multi-megapixel cameras and high-resolution screens into next generation devices brings new challenges to the industry in terms of power, time-to-market and overall system costs. To address these challenges, the MIPI® Alliance defines and promotes system-on-chip (SoC) and peripheral device interface specifications, such as the Display Serial Interface (DSI).
Compliant with the latest MIPI DSI specification, DesignWare® MIPI DSI Host and Device Controllers are fully-verified configurable IP solutions that provide a high-speed serial interface between an application processor and displays.
DesignWare MIPI DSI Host Controller IP is also available with VESA DSC encoder. The integrated and configurable controller IP implements all protocol functions defined in the latest MIPI DSI and VESA DSC specifications. The IP reduces data transmission bandwidth to enable quad HD or 4K displays with refresh rates at 60Hz or higher. The DSC encoder is fully verified in a universal verification methodology (UVM) environment with complete code and functional coverages. It uses a comprehensive test image library to check against the VESA DSC v1.1 reference C model.
Synopsys’ DesignWare MIPI DSI Host Controller IP, DesignWare MIPI Host Controller IP with VESA DSC encoder, DesignWare MIPI Device Controller IP and DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP provide a complete display interface IP solution that enables designers to lower the risk and cost of integrating the IP into application processors, display bridge ICs and multimedia co-processors, while improving the time-to-market demand of mobile, IoT and automotive SoCs.
DesignWare MIPI Complete Solution Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI D-PHY Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI DSI Device Controller IP Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI DSI Host Controller IP Datasheet
DesignWare MIPI DSI Host Controller IP with VESA DSC Encoder Datasheet
Synopsys Demonstrates MIPI Camera and Display Prototyping SystemSynopsys demonstrates proven system-level interoperability utilizing Synopsys' DesignWare MIPI CSI-2 and DSI host controller as well as the DesignWare MIPI D-PHY IP solution.
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with the MIPI DSI v1.2 and VESA DSC v1.1 specifications
- Supports MIPI specifications:
- Display Pixel Interface (DPI-2) v2.00
- Display Bus Interface (DBI-2) v2.00
- Display Command Set (DCS) v1.3
- Stereoscopic Display Formats (SDF) v1.0
- Support video and command modes
- Configurable from 1 to 4 data lanes up to 2.5 Gbps per lane
- PPI interface to the D-PHY, as recommended in the MIPI D-PHY specification, v1.2
- Bi-directional communication and escape mode support
- Programmable display resolutions up to quad HD, 4K or higher
- Optimizes buffer size between MIPI DSI Hot Controller and DSC encoder
- Supports 24-bit and 30-bit RGB video mode pixel formats
- ECC and checksum capabilities
- Supports ultra-low power mode
- Multiple peripheral support capability with configurable virtual channels