Vehicle Power Network
As electronic content in vehicles increases, so do the challenges in meeting this rising energy demand on the power network. Designers must create efficient power generation and distribution systems that perform with flawless reliability.
Design teams use Robust Design methodologies to manage complex energy generation and distribution problems, such as designing an alternator charging system or taking into account system and environmental variations that affect performance. Saber's comprehensive simulation, modeling resources, and analysis capabilities enable design teams to deploy Robust Design methods to meet the challenges of powernet design.
Vehicle Powernet Design datasheet
SAE Technical Paper:
Model Based Design of Robust Vehicle Power Networks (Jaguar Land Rover)
- Accurately size system components to match energy generation with corresponding consumption
- Eliminate surprises in power network loading and distribution through early verification
- Test the complete system earlier with hardware/software co-simulation
- Save time and eliminate errors with industry-proven power model libraries
- Enable design portability using industry standard VHDL-AMS and MAST languages
- Maximize reliability with advanced sensitivity, statistical, and fault analyses
- Increase analysis throughput with distributed simulations across multiple CPUs