The DesignWare® ARC® SoundWave Audio Subsystem provides designers with a complete, pre-verified audio subsystem consisting of hardware, software and prototyping for integration into system-on-chip (SoC) designs. Supporting 2.1 to 7.1 audio streams at 24-bit precision, the ARC SoundWave Audio Subsystem meets the demanding performance requirements of today’s audio applications such as digital TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray™ Disc, speaker bars, media players, portable audio and tablets.
The ARC SoundWave Audio Subsystem consists of DesignWare 32-bit ARC audio processors, standard digital interfaces, analog audio codecs, and a complete, ready-to-use software environment that seamlessly plugs into the host application and includes a comprehensive library of software audio codecs that support the latest formats from Dolby, DTS and SRS. The ARC SoundWave Audio Subsystem includes both virtual and FPGA-based prototypes to accelerate software development and validation of the full system. By integrating multiple IP blocks together with software in a pre-verified subsystem, Synopsys gives designers a configurable, SoC-ready audio solution that significantly reduces their SoC design and integration effort, lowers design risk and accelerates time-to-market.
Figure 1: DesignWare ARC SoundWave Audio Subsystem Complete Solution
Download Whitepaper: Audio Subsystems for Efficient SoC Integration
Download Whitepaper: High-End Audio Made Easy: The Software Story
DesignWare ARC SoundWave Audio Subsystem Datasheet
Industry's First Audio IP SubsystemLearn how the pre-integrated, configurable DesignWare SoundWave Audio Subsystem helps you achieve great audio with a complete, SoC-ready subsystem solution. Also, join us in the Synopsys Sound Room, where we test our high-definition audio solutions, to see the SoundWave Audio Subsystem in action using a HAPS® FPGA-Based Prototyping System.
Product Marketing Manager, Synopsys
Downloads and Documentation
- Complete, pre-verified hardware implementation supports 2.0 to 7.1 audio streams with 24- bit precision to meet latest audio standards
- Ready-to-use software environment includes all software needed to support a broad range of audio applications and enables designers to quickly integrate the subsystem into their host application
- Single and dual-core 32-bit DesignWare 32-bit ARC audio processors implementations optimized for processing multiple high-definition, multi-channel audio streams in parallel
- Digital audio interfaces such as S/PDIF and I2S provide multi-channel input and outputs
- Analog audio codecs provide high-quality connections for line inputs/outputs, microphones, loud speakers and headphones with dynamic range of 96dB
- Comprehensive library of software audio codecs including support for latest standards from Dolby, DTS, SRS Labs and Microsoft
- Audio plug-ins based on the industry-standard GStreamer multimedia software enable developers to quickly integrate audio subsystem software into their host application
- Virtual and FPGA-based prototypes enable complete hardware-software integration and system validation
- Easy to use configuration tool enables a complete subsystem to be configured in hours instead of weeks
- Configurations as small as 0.21mm in a 40-nm process technology
- Available SoC integration services help implement and optimize the subsystem in the context of the full chip
|SoundWave Audio Subsystem with AS211SFX Single Core Processor||STARs
|SoundWave Audio Subsystem with AS221BD Dual Core Processor||STARs