4. North America Makes Up the Largest Computing Market Share
North America holds 61% of the global cloud market, according to a market report by Business Research Company. This amount is three times larger than Western Europe’s market share, which totals to 21%. The African cloud market is the smallest.
5. Close to Half of Businesses Store Their Data in the Cloud
Almost half of corporate organizations store their data in the cloud, according to Panda Security. This statistic includes encrypted and "regular" data. Meanwhile, more than half of companies (51%) do not use encryption or tokenization to protect their sensitive data.
6. 85% of Organizations Find Cloud Security To Be a Challenge
85% of enterprises surveyed by Statista claimed they found security in the cloud to be a significant challenge. These cloud challenges included spending and governance, as well as a lack of resources and expertise.
7. Two-thirds of Security Experts Find Misconfigured Cloud Infrastructure to be a Big Problem
According to a Checkpoint survey of cybersecurity experts, the most pressing cloud security challenges, include misconfiguration of cloud infrastructure (68%), unauthorized access (58%), insecure application programming interfaces (52%), hijacking of accounts, services, or traffic (50%), and external data sharing (43%).
8. Cloud Cost Optimization is a Top Priority for Organizations
Cloud cost optimization is a top priority for 61% of cloud decision-makers, according to a Flexera survey. A whopping 76% measure cloud progress by cost efficiency and savings.