The DesignWare® ARC® HS66 and HS68 processors feature a dual-issue, 64-bit superscalar architecture for use in embedded applications where high-performance and high clock speed are required. The processors can be clocked at up to 1.8 GHz in 16FFC processes (worst case, single core, base configuration) and offer outstanding performance delivering 3.0 DMIPS/MHz and 6.16 CoreMark/MHz with a small area footprint and low power consumption.
The ARC HS66 and HS68 processors are based on the advanced ARCv3 instruction set architecture (ISA) and pipeline, which provides leadership power efficiency and code density. The processors feature a 52-bit physical address space and can directly address memories up to 4.5 Petabytes(4.5x1015) in size. For applications requiring higher performance, Multicore Processor (MP)
versions of the HS66 and HS68 are available with support for up to 12 HS CPU cores and up to 16 hardware accelerators in the processor cluster.
The ARC HS66 features level 1 (L1) instruction and data cache and close coupled memory (CCM) and is optimized for use in high-performance real-time embedded applications. The HS68 is designed for use in applications running Linux or SMP Linux. The HS68 has all the features of the HS66 plus support for L2 cache up to 16 MB and a Memory Management Unit (MMU).
ARC HS66 and HS68 Block Diagram
ARC HS66 and HS68 Processors Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Dual-issue, 64-bit processors for high-performance embedded applications
- 52-bit physical and 64-bit virtual addressing
- Up to 5400 DMIPS and 11,088 CoreMark per core at 1.8 GHz on 16FFC (worst case conditions, single-core configuration
- Multicore Processor versions with up to 12 CPU cores and up to 16 hardware accelerators
- Based on advanced ARCv3 ISA
- High degree of configurability
- Enhanced MMU (HS68) with hardware page table walk and up to 16 MB page sizes
- Support for custom instructions
- Support for up to 16 MB of close coupled memory and direct mapping of peripherals
- Floating Point Unit (FPU) supporting half, single- and double-precision IEEE 754-compliant operation
- ARC Trace Interface provides real-time trace debugging features
- Easy performance upgrade from HS3x and HS4x processors
|ARC HS66MP multi-core version of dual-issue HS66 with I and D cache for high-performance embedded applications||STARs
|ARC HS66 64-bit, dual-issue processor core, interconnect, ARCv3 ISA, for embedded applications||STARs
|ARC HS68MP multi-core version of dual-issue HS68 processor with MMU, ARCv3 ISA, for embedded Linux applications||STARs
|ARC HS68 64-bit, dual-issue processor with MMU, ARCv3 ISA, for embedded Linux applications||STARs