Synopsys enables programmability for market-ready solution verticals by offering choice and flexibility in operating systems. From the DesignWare® ARC® MQX RTOS to Linux, and third party operating systems, Synopsys has what is required for fast development times, low risk and software reuse. The choice of operating system depends on the target application. Users must ask the following questions when choosing an operating system:
- Is this a high-level application or deeply-embedded project?
- Is the OS running on the Host CPU or within a DesignWare ARC subsystem?
- Is memory protection required?
- How much memory is available for OS use?
- Will the end-customer be accessing the OS APIs?
The answers to these questions will help steer the decision towards a deeply-embedded RTOS or a full blown Linux-based operating system.