The Synopsys Few Time Programmable (FTP) Trim Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) IP provides the capability of reprogrammable NVM in a standard CMOS and Bipolar-CMOS-DMOS (BCD) processes. Optimized for area and performance, the IP is designed for trim applications requiring post package programming, in-field updates, or calibration at multiple temperatures. The reprogrammable NVM IP enables multiple time programmable (MTP) flexibility in similar overall area to one-time programmable (OTP) solutions and requires no additional masks or processing steps.
Delivered as a hard IP block, the Synopsys FTP Trim NVM IP operates from a single core supply and includes all the necessary support and control circuitry, including all high-voltage generation and distribution required for programming.
The NVM IP reduces test costs and time by up to 3x by increasing the programming speed for special test modes and simplifying the IP complexity. For example, the IP includes bulk operations that enable designers to program the entire array in a single faster operation. In addition, designers can select test conditions and test limits that emulate temperature effects, thereby eliminating the need for testing across temperatures.
Synopsys FTP Trim NVM IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Zero mask adder, single poly, floating gate, logic-only reprogrammable NVM solution
- 64-bit to 4-Kbit configurations
- Up to 10,000 write cycle endurance
- Up to 15-year data retention at 150°C
- Single core supply operation, uses 3 metal layers
- Silicon-characterized and qualified to meet industry standards
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Grade 0 Qualified in select mature BCD process nodes