The STAR Memory System Silicon Browser GUI is intended for design and test engineers to enable the chip bring-up process and to fulfill memory characterization providing with a capability to communicate interactively to a STAR Memory System in the user chip via JTAG interface and to retrieve test responses, diagnostic/repair data on memories in the STAR Memory System.
Silicon Browser provides information on the failed STAR Memory System and memory instances, and then immediately interprets the results of the stop on N-th diagnostic pattern run. It indicates the failed read operation in the test algorithm, reports and visualizes the failed logical and physical location, and performs detection and fault classification on the error.
DesignWare STAR Memory System Silicon Browser
DesignWare STAR Memory System Datasheet
DesignWare STAR Silicon Browser IP for Embedded Memory Test and RepairThis demonstration will feature the post-silicon interactive automation capabilities of the DesignWare STAR Silicon Browser, which utilizes the DesignWare STAR Memory System's embedded test & repair IP solution.
Downloads and Documentation
- Low-cost failure diagnostics solution for early silicon prototyping, minimizing ATE use
- Easy USB to JTAG connection to the target chip
- Runs on multiple system platforms (Windows, Linux)
- Interactive communication to the STAR Memory System in the chip; monitoring register values in the design; running STAR memory system in the chip both in parallel and serial modes
- Interactive system debug, easy to use GUI-based dialogs
- Editing/creating new test patterns; editing/creating test algorithms using multiple data background patterns and address sequencing
- Immediate visualization of test run results