UK Modern Slavery Act Statement
Fiscal Year 2020
Synopsys, Inc. provides products and services used across the entire Silicon to Software™ spectrum to bring Smart Everything to life. From engineers creating advanced semiconductors to product teams developing advanced electronic systems to software developers seeking to ensure the security and quality of their code, our customers trust that our technologies will enable them to meet new requirements for low power as well as reliability, mobility, and security.
We are a global leader in supplying the electronic design automation (EDA) software that engineers use to design and test integrated circuits (ICs), also known as chips. We also offer semiconductor intellectual property (IP) products, which are pre-designed circuits that engineers use as components of larger chip designs rather than designing those circuits themselves. We provide software and hardware used to validate the electronic systems that incorporate chips and the software that runs on them. To complement these offerings, we provide technical services and support to help our customers develop advanced chips and electronic systems. These products and services are part of our Semiconductor & System Design segment.
We are also a leading provider of software tools and services that improve the security, quality, and compliance of software in a wide variety of industries, including electronics, financial services, automotive, medicine, energy and industrials. These tools and services are part of our Software Integrity segment.
Slavery and Human Trafficking
The United Kingdom Modern Slavery Act 2015 requires certain businesses to provide disclosures concerning their efforts to address the issues of slavery and human trafficking in their supply chains. This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement of Synopsys (Northern Europe) Limited for the financial year ending October 31, 2020. This statement was approved by the Directors of Synopsys (Northern Europe) Limited on May 21, 2021 and also by the Directors of Synopsys, Inc. on June 16, 2021.
Since our inception more than 30 years ago, our core values have served to unite and guide our actions. Integrity, Execution Excellence, Leadership, and Passion are these core values, woven into the fabric of our organization. Our core values reflect our commitment to ethical business practices, including conducting operations that are free from human trafficking and forced labor. Synopsys maintains a number of policies and practices to manage our supply chain in an ethical and socially responsible way.
- The Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is our roadmap for doing business the right way. We do business the right way when we act ethically and consistently with our core values, our Code, our policies, and all applicable law. The Code specifically states that Synopsys does not tolerate the use of human trafficking or forced labor, including child labor, in our operations or in our supply chain.
- The Business Partner Code of Conduct (“Partner Code”) is the roadmap for Synopsys Business Partners to do business the right way. By conducting business with Synopsys, each Business Partner agrees to comply with the Partner Code and to maintain the highest ethical standards under any and all circumstances.
- All of Synopsys’ supplier contracts require the suppliers to comply with company policies and cooperate with efforts to verify compliance. In addition, we expect our direct suppliers in our hardware supply chain to abide by the Synopsys Supplier Code of Conduct, which is based on the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) Code of Conduct.
- The Integrity Helpline is available to anyone and is a dedicated resource for reporting ethics and compliance concerns or suspected violations.
- Our Smart Future Corporate Social Responsibility ("CSR") program provides a focus and structure for how we address both our own operational impact on the world and our ability to influence others around us. The CSR Leadership Committee is made up of cross-functional executives who are responsible for driving CSR performance within their respective priority areas, including Supply Chain, and reporting progress out to the Synopsys Board of Directors. By engaging with our vendors on environmental, social, and governance performance, we aim to leverage our influence in driving CSR standards up through the supply chain.
- In February 2021, Synopsys published its 2020 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, which included a section on supply chain management.
In fiscal year 2020, we undertook the following actions in support of the Act:
- The CSR management team trained the largest purchasers in the company on vendor risks associated with forced labor, among other risks.
- We performed due diligence of the companies in our product manufacturing supply chain. Using the RBA Online platform, we evaluated the corporate self-assessment score and risk rating for the top suppliers established on the RBA platform.
- We completed our annual supplier ESG risk assessment, which assesses our labor practices against the RBA Code of Conduct.
Synopsys continues to evaluate company processes and procedures to optimize efforts to preclude the use of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain.