Synopsys’ DesignWare® Embedded Security Modules (ESMs) for High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection 2.3 (HDCP 2.3) on High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) are autonomous modules that provide designers with a complete and robust TX/RX/Rep implementation of the HDCP 2.3 content-protection technology over HDMI wired connections. This solution helps designers shorten development cycles and fully meet the stringent compliance and robustness requirements of the DCP LLC licensing authority. The ESMs are compact, energy efficient and can be configured to accommodate different high-resolution, uncompressed content streams, such as HD and Ultra HD.
The DesignWare ESMs for HDCP 2.3 are designed to protect HD and Ultra HD uncompressed audio-visual content and are fully compliant with the HDCP 2.3 standard for HDMI-based systems. The self-contained cores include all the necessary components required to meet the HDCP 2.3 on HDMI specification such as key-stream generation, content encryption and decryption, authentication and key exchange, and system renewability. The HDCP 2.3 ESMs can be delivered independently or pre-integrated with Synopsys HDMI controllers.
Downloads and Documentation
- Transmitter (TX), Receiver (RX) and Repeater (Rep) solutions
- Silicon-proven. Widely deployed. Certified.
- Compliant with the latest HDCP 2.3 content protection standard (backwards compatible with HDCP 2.2)
- HDMI 2.0 RX/TX/Rep support
- HDMI 2.1 RX support
- Complete, self-contained security modules with hardware Root of Trust
- Tight security boundary. Meets DCP's strict robustness criteria.
- Compact and energy efficient
- Flexible architecture for a wide range of environments. Support for firmware upgrades.
- Integrated with Synopsys and other HDMI controllers
|4-port Receiver/Transmitter/Repeater HDCP 2.3 on HDMI 2.0 and/or DisplayPort 1.4 ESM||STARs
|Host Library for HDCP 2.2 on HDMI Embedded Security Modules||STARs
|1-port Receiver/Transmitter HDCP 2.3 on HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.4 ESM||STARs
|1-port Receiver HDCP 2.3 on HDMI 2.1 ESM||STARs