Synopsys Medium Density Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) IP, an alternative to embedded flash memory, provides up to 256 Kbits of on-chip memory in BCD processes without requiring additional masks or processing steps. The NVM IP eliminates the need for external electrically erasable programmable read only memory (EEPROM) or flash memory when integrating microcontrollers in analog IC designs such as smart meters, PMICs
and touchscreen controller applications.
Delivered as a hard IP block, the Synopsys Medium Density NVM IP includes all the necessary support and control circuitry, including all high-voltage generation and distribution required for programming. Also included are test modes that reduce the required test time and improve production test coverage as well as a comprehensive validated test flow to accelerate time-to-market.
Synopsys Medium Density NVM IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- 16-Kbit to 256-Kbit configurations
- Up to 1,000 write cycle endurance
- Up to 10-year data retention at 125°C
- Integrated error checking and correction (ECC) functionality
- More than 5x the density of lower bit-count NVM
- Fast access time
- Convenient 32-bit word interface for both program and read with support for block/page erase
- Silicon-characterized and qualified to meet industry standards
- Automotive AEC-Q100 Grade-1 Qualified in select mature BCD process nodes