The Synopsys DesignWare® USB 3.0 Dual-Role Device (DRD) Controller is a set of synthesizable soft IP that ASIC/FPGA designers can use to implement a complete USB 3.0 DRD for 5 Gbps speeds. The USB 3.0 DRD Controller is compliant with the specifications for SuperSpeed, High-Speed, Full-Speed, and Low-Speed USB speeds. Optimizing development time and minimizing engineering risk, the DesignWare USB 3.0 DRD Controller helps designers bring their host and peripheral designs to market faster for wired and wireless applications such as smart phones, tablets, TVs, set-top boxes, cameras, modems, game consoles, PCs, and telecommunications equipment. In addition, the IP is silicon proven in design process nodes from 180-nm to 20-nm.
The DesignWare USB 3.0 DRD Controller can be easily bridged to any industry-standard bus and includes both the AMBA™ AHB and AXI interfaces. The DRD Controller can be used as an SSIC Controller with a MIPI M-PHY for low power mobile applications. It also has the HSIC feature to connect to HSIC PHYs.
DesignWare USB Controllers have shipped in over one billion units for electronics leading companies worldwide. Using DesignWare USB IP significantly reduces development time and engineering risk, bringing USB-based SoCs to market faster.
DesignWare USB IP is the most certified IP solution in the industry. With over 3,000 design wins, Synopsys' complete USB IP solution--consisting of controllers, PHYs, verification IP, drivers, and IP prototypes--enables designers to lower integration risk and speed time-to-market.
USB 3.0 University
If you are new to designing with USB, or looking for tips on implementing USB 3.0 IP, Synopsys' USB 3.0 University has a session for you. From a basic USB overview, to implementing USB on FPGAs, to top-level synthesis, you'll find the information you need in this instructional video series. DesignWare SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Complete Solution
- Supports Dual Role Device operation, programmable via software to change from Host to Device
- Supports OTG 2.0 and OTG 3.0
- Reduced gate count compared to separate host and device controllers
- Proven in silicon in over 50 designs
- AXI and AHB interfaces or Native interface for bridging to other system buses
- Compatible with Synopsys' Certified USB 2.0 PHYs and USB 3.0 PHYs
- Optimized power management with SuperSpeed USB power savings modes, Uniform Power Format (UPF) and dual power rails
- Configurable data buffering options to fine-tune performance/area trade-offs
- USB 3.0 xHCI Host mode certified by the USB-IF
- Host mode supports SuperSpeed (5 Gbps), high-speed (480 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), and low-speed (1.5 Mbps) operation
- xHCI host controller compatible with common operating systems, such as Windows 8 and Linux
- Host Mode supports Configurable root hub supporting up to 15 downstream ports
- USB 3.0 Device mode certified by the USB-IF
- Device mode supports SuperSpeed (5 Gbps), or High-Speed (480 Mbps), or Full-Speed (12 Mbps)
- Supports up to 16 bi-directional endpoints
- Verilog source code
- Verilog Test Bench included
|SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Device Controller Software||STARs||Subscribe|
|SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Role Device Controller, Configurable for SSIC and HSIC||STARs||Subscribe|