The Synopsys DesignWare® USB 3.0 Dual-Role Device (DRD) Controller is a set of synthesizable soft IP that ASIC/FPGA designers can use to implement a complete USB 3.0 DRD for 5 Gbps speeds. The USB 3.0 DRD Controller is compliant with the specifications for SuperSpeed, High-Speed, Full-Speed, and Low-Speed USB speeds. Optimizing development time and minimizing engineering risk, the DesignWare USB 3.0 DRD Controller helps designers bring their host and peripheral designs to market faster for wired and wireless applications such as smart phones, tablets, TVs, set-top boxes, cameras, modems, game consoles, PCs, and telecommunications equipment. In addition, the IP is silicon proven in design process nodes from 180-nm to 7-nm.
The DesignWare USB 3.0 DRD Controller can be easily bridged to any industry-standard bus and includes both the AMBA™ AHB and AXI interfaces. It also has the HSIC feature to connect to HSIC PHYs. The controller can also be configured for USB 2.0 only mode.
DesignWare USB Controllers have shipped in over one billion units for electronics leading companies worldwide. Using DesignWare USB IP significantly reduces development time and engineering risk, bringing USB-based SoCs to market faster.
DesignWare USB IP is the most certified IP solution in the industry. With over 3,000 design wins, Synopsys' complete USB IP solution--consisting of controllers, PHYs, verification IP, drivers, and IP prototypes--enables designers to lower integration risk and speed time-to-market.
DesignWare SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Complete Solution
Downloads and Documentation
- Supports Dual Role Device operation, programmable via software to change from Host to Device
- Reduced gate count compared to separate host and device controllers
- Proven in silicon in over 300 designs
- AXI and AHB interfaces or Native interface for bridging to other system buses
- Compatible with Synopsys' Certified USB 2.0 PHYs and USB 3.0 PHYs
- Optimized power management with SuperSpeed USB power savings modes, Uniform Power Format (UPF) and dual power rails
- Configurable data buffering options to fine-tune performance/area trade-offs
- USB 3.0 xHCI Host mode certified by the USB-IF
- Host mode supports SuperSpeed (5 Gbps), high-speed (480 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), and low-speed (1.5 Mbps) operation
- xHCI host controller compatible with common operating systems, such as Windows 8 and Linux
- USB 3.0 Device mode certified by the USB-IF
- Device mode supports SuperSpeed (5 Gbps), or High-Speed (480 Mbps), or Full-Speed (12 Mbps)
- Supports up to 16 bi-directional endpoints
- Verilog source code
- UVM compatible Test Bench included
|SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Dual Role Device Controller, Configurable for SSIC and HSIC||STARs