Synopsys HDMI™ 1.4a Transmitter (TX) controller and PHY IP solution provide the necessary logic to implement and verify designs for various consumer electronic applications. The Synopsys HDMI 1.4a TX IP solution is silicon-proven and includes a suite of configurable digital
controllers and high-speed, mixed-signal PHY IP, thus providing a comprehensive
solution from a single IP vendor. Synopsys lowers integration risk by ensuring
that all the IP functions seamlessly together. Synopsys HDMI 1.4a TX IP
provides designers with a high-performance HDMI source solution that is extremely low in
power and area. The Synopsys HDMI 1.4a TX IP is fully compliant to the HDMI 1.4
specification, and has gone through extensive in-house and third-party
interoperability testing. With multiple design wins and products shipping
in volume, Synopsys' expertise in developing and supporting its Synopsys HDMI 1.4 TX IP source solution enables designers to achieve silicon success for their advanced HDMI solutions.
The strict quality measures combined with support from expert technical team
enables designers to accelerate time-to-market and reduce integration risk for
next-generation consumer electronic applications.
Synopsys IP for HDMI 2.0 and 1.4 TX IP Solutions Datasheet
Silicon-proven DesignWare® HDMI TX Controller and PHY IP on Synopsys' HAPS-51 PlatformSynopsys shows how fixed video and audio patterns are transmitted by the DesignWare HDMI TX controller and PHY. See the image quality improve as resolution of video test pattern is increased from 480p to 720p to 1080p, 60 Hz frame formats. Also see the EDID info collected by TX Controller/PHY Display Data Channel (DDC) from the sink device (DTV) to support negotiation and find the best supported color format and frame rate.
Downloads and Documentation
- A superior analog front end that supports up to 20 feet category 2-certified HDMI cables, while maintaining high performance
- Digital controllers delivered in configurable RTL allows designers to optimize gate count and power consumption by choosing only the features required in their application
- PHY offers low power consumption and small die area
- Numerous optional features such as High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) encryption engine, various audio formats, audio DMA engine and multiple system-bus interfaces help to ease the integration effort
- Compliance with HDMI and HDCP specifications with certification from the NXP HDMI authorized testing center and successful interoperability results from HDCP plugfest events
- System validation based on the Synopsys Confirma HAPS-51 rapid prototyping platform