1. Promotion Period. This promotion period begins August 21th, 2018 and ends October 5th, 2018. The Promotion is sponsored and administered by Synopsys, Inc. ("Synopsys").
2. Eligibility. No purchase is required to participate or win; void where prohibited by law. No person resident in a state or country where this promotion is prohibited by law is eligible to enter the drawing. Entrants must be over twenty years of age and a resident of one of the fifty U.S. states, District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), China, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, or the United Kingdom. The following people are not eligible to enter or win: (a) persons who are not residents of one of the fifty U.S. states, District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), China, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, or the United Kingdom, (b) employees or contractors of Synopsys, their affiliates and subsidiaries, at any worldwide location, participating advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and anyone working directly on this promotion, including the administrators of the drawing, (c) immediate family members (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they live) and/or those living in the same household of any person in (b) above, and (d) employees of any government entity. This promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
3. To Enter. In order to be eligible for the drawing, entrants must complete and submit the Synopsys online survey or email their name, address, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by October 5th, 2018 (PST) in order to be eligible for the drawing for the prize below. Limit one (1) registration entry per entrant. Synopsys disclaims any liability or damages arising from any failure of any entrant to properly complete or submit an entry.
4. Prize. The prize is one of two $500 or local currency equivalent Amazon gift cards ("Gift Certificate"). A total of two prizes will be awarded to two separate individuals. No cash in place of any prize is allowed. Synopsys reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value if the specified prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. The prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-assignable and nontransferable. The winner is responsible for any taxes due in connection with receiving the prize. Prize notification and a request for winner's shipping address will be emailed to winner's email address as provided to Synopsys. The prize will be shipped to the winner's address as provided to Synopsys. Upon shipment, Synopsys will be deemed to have awarded a prize to the winner with winner assuming full ownership of and responsibility for such prize. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.
5. Drawing. The drawing with respect to the Gift Certificate will take place at Synopsys' headquarters at 690 East Middlefield Road, Mountain View, California on October 8th, 2018. The name of the winner of the drawing for the Gift Certificate will be selected randomly using a method determined by Synopsys. The odds of winning the Gift Certificate are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Synopsys' selection of the winner shall be final. For Canadian entrants only (excluding Quebec): prior to being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether by calculator or otherwise, a math question posed by email. The selected entrant will have until 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the fifth day after the email is sent to respond correctly to the question. In the event that the selected entrant incorrectly answers the math question, or does not respond to the email sent, he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected and the above process will be repeated, if the selected entrant is a Canadian resident, until such time as there is a confirmed winner or no more eligible entrants are available.
6. Terms and Conditions. All federal, state, provincial and country laws and regulations apply. Participation in this promotion constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and entrant hereby releases Synopsys, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents from all liability arising out of entrant's participation in this promotion and winner's receipt and use of a prize. Synopsys is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible or misdirected email, for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to electronic malfunctioning of any facsimile equipment, network, hardware, or software. Synopsys reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Synopsys' reasonable control impairs the integrity of this promotion as determined by Synopsys in its sole discretion. Synopsys makes no representations or warranties regarding the condition, operability or performance of the prize, which shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer and/or retailer of the prize. Synopsys assumes no liability for use of any prize.
7. Data Collected by Synopsys. The entry forms shall be the property of Synopsys and Synopsys shall be considered the author of said forms. Synopsys will use data about entrants obtained from the entry registration form for the administration of this promotion, marketing campaigns, and any internal Synopsys use that Synopsys deems appropriate. Entrants will not receive any compensation for such information or data.
8. Winner Notification. The winner of the drawing shall be notified by email after the drawing. If an entrant resident in Canada (excluding Quebec) is selected in the drawing, s/he must first correctly answer the designated skill question before being declared a winner. Canadian entrants will be notified and sent their skill question by email and must correctly answer the question within 5 days after the email is sent. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within 15 days of first attempted notification will be disqualified and forfeit any prize to which s/he may be entitled. Winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release. Winner who is notified by email shall have 30 days from the date Synopsys notifies the winner in order to claim his or her prize, after which the prize shall be forfeited. By acceptance of the prize, winner agrees that his/her name may be released by Synopsys as set forth below. Synopsys is not responsible for any electronic transmission failure or illegible information contained in an entry registration form that delays or prevents winner from receiving such notification. Failure to comply with any term or condition in these Official Rules may result in disqualification and the prize being awarded to the next eligible entrant. The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Synopsys Marketing Department, 82.404, 690 East Middlefield Road, Mountain View, CA 94043-4010 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
9. Internet. Synopsys is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Synopsys is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Synopsys is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive Entry information by Synopsys on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of Synopsys. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, disruption or termination of the online promotion site for any reason or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this online promotion. Synopsys reserves the right at its sole discretion to immediately cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online promotion. Synopsys reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Synopsys further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the online promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Synopsys reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. Due to the unique nature and scope of this online promotion, Synopsys reserves the right to alter or modify these Official Rules at any time.
10. Severability. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.