1. OWASP, Category:Vulnerability, updated June 6, 2016.
2. The MITRE Corporation, CWE—Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), updated April 29, 2019.
3. Latest Hacking News, Where Do Software Vulnerabilities Come From?, July 17, 2017.
4. Thomas Holt, What Are Software Vulnerabilities, and Why Are There So Many of Them?, Scientific American, May 23, 2017.
5. Raymond Pompon, Where Do Security Vulnerabilities Come From?, Dark Reading, Sept. 22, 2017.
6. P.K. Kapur, V.S.S. Yadavali, and A.K. Shrivastava, A Comparative Study of Vulnerability Discovery Modeling and Software Reliability Growth Modeling, Futuristic Trends on Computational Analysis and Knowledge Management (ABLAZE), International Conference on (IEEE Xplore), Feb. 25–27, 2015.
7. SwitchUp, 2019 Best Coding Bootcamps: 50 Top Schools: Rankings, Reviews, and Courses, retrieved July 11, 2019.
8. Steven Zimmerman, Coding Bootcamps Need to Get Real About Secure Coding Practices, Synopsys Software Integrity Blog, April 2, 2019.
9. Amy DeMartine, Trevor Lyness, et al., Show, Don’t Tell, Your Developers How To Write Secure Code, Forrester Research, April 19, 2019.
10. Jay Jay, Update: Critical Flaw in Magento E-commerce Platform Exposes 300,000 E-commerce Sites to SQL Injection, SC Magazine UK, March 29, 2019.
11. The PHP Group, PHP Manual, Security, Database Security, SQL Injection, retrieved July 3, 2019.
12. Pompon, Where Do Security Vulnerabilities Come From?.
13. OWASP, OWASP Top 10 – 2017: The Ten Most Critical Web Application Security Risks, 2017.
14. Dave Wichers, Jim Manico, et al., SQL Injection Prevention Cheat Sheet, GitHub, updated March 30, 2019.
15. Brian Krebs, First American Financial Corp. Leaked Hundreds of Millions of Title Insurance Records, Krebs on Security, May 19, 2019.
18. Scott Ikeda, Third Party Data Breach Hits Quest Diagnostics With 12 Million Confidential Patient Records Exposed, CPO Magazine, June 11, 2019.
19. Tara Seals, Microsoft Management Console Bugs Allow Windows Takeover, Threatpost, June 18, 2019.
20. Latest Hacking News, Software Vulnerabilities.
21. DeMartine, Lyness, et al., Show, Don’t Tell.
22. Charlie Klein, How to “Shift Left” With Application Security Tools, and How Not To, Synopsys Software Integrity Blog, Jan. 30, 2019.
23. Amy DeMartine, Stephanie Balaouras, et al., The State of Application Security, 2019, Forrester Research, Feb. 27, 2019.