With the vast amount of personal data stored in the cloud and transferred between smart devices, it is increasingly important to have effective security measures in place to avoid the threat of data breaches and malicious attacks.
Enhanced Security Package Option for ARC EM Cores
The Enhanced Security Package option available for DesignWare® ARC® EM Processors enables designers to create a tamper-resistant, secure environment that protects their systems and software from vulnerabilities using a single ultra-low power processor.
The option includes SecureShield™ technology to enable development of a trusted execution environment, reducing the area and power that an additional security core and associated memories would require. SecureShield technology protects critical processor registers like stack and instruction pointer registers as well as secure bus accesses, and includes a secure memory protection unit (MPU) to protect traditional instruction and data memory. The secure MPU has up to 16 configurable memory regions with the option for per region scrambling and encryption.
The Enhanced Security Package also consists of an encrypted, tamper-resistant pipeline and additional protection features such as data and instruction path integrity checks and watchdog timer to help prevent IP theft and system attacks.
Designers can also add user-defined instructions and co-processors through the ARC Processor EXtension (APEX) technology and restrict their operations to a secure mode, enabling IP protection throughout the value chain.
ARC CryptoPack Option for EM Cores
The DesignWare® ARC® CryptoPack option provides the ability to speed up software encryption implementations by adding custom instructions and registers to the ARC EM processors using the ARC Processor EXtension (APEX) interface. Supported software algorithms include Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES ), Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Secure Hash Algorithm with 32-bit words (SHA-256) and Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) encryption.
ARC CryptoPack System Block Diagram
DesignWare ARC CryptoPack: Extensions for Cryptographic Software Acceleration Datasheet
Enhanced Security Package for ARC EM Processor Family Datasheet
Intrinsic-ID Physically Unclonable Function (PUF) Solution for ARC EM Processors
Downloads and Documentation
- Enhanced Security Package
- Includes SecureShield technology to enable a trusted execution environment
- Secure MPU with up to 16 configurable regions and per region scrambling/encryption capability
- In-line instruction and data encryption and address scrambling to protect algorithms from reverse engineering or IP theft
- Data and instruction path integrity checking to prevent fault injection attacks
- Integrated watchdog timer detects system failures that can result from tampering and enables counter measures
- Ability to add secure custom instructions or co-processors in a trusted mode boosts performance and reduces power
- Easy to add option for EM Family of processors
- Area-optimized and performance-optimized versions to scale to system goals
- Up to 7x or more speedup to perform cryptographic functions
- Supported cryptographic software algorithms
|CryptoPack is a set of APEX based instructions to accelerate software cryptography algorithms on ARC EM processors||STARs
|Enhanced Security Package option for ARC EM Processors||STARs