The Synopsys ARC® EM22FS Safety Processor simplifies development of safety-critical applications and accelerates ISO 26262 certification of automotive system-on-chips (SoCs). The ASIL D compliant EM22FS processor is a pre-verified dual-core lockstep implementation including a self -checking safety monitor. There is also an option to run the cores in an independent dual core mode for ASIL B or non-automotive applications requiring higher performance.
A tightly coupled architecture is supported such that the interrupt controller, MPU, watchdog timer, and licensable options such as uDMA and FPU are instantiated within the main and shadow core for full redundancy.
The Synopsys ARC EM22FS processor is supported by comprehensive safety documentation including FMEDA reports and the ARC MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler to generate ISO 26262 compliant code.
ARC EM22FS Safety Processor Block Diagram
A Perfect Blend of Quality in Functional Safety to Accelerate an Automotive IP Product Release
Programmer's Reference Manual for ARC EM Processors (Public Edition)
Synopsys ARC EM22FS Safety Processor
Downloads and Documentation
- Dual-core lockstep safety processor supports ISO 26262 automotive safety standards
- Single solution support for safety level up to ASIL D; Supports both ASIL D lockstep operation or ASIL B single core operation
- Includes hardware safety features such as ECC, integrated user-programmable windowed watchdog timer, and lockstep safety monitor
- Performance and area-efficient cores with up to 1.81 DMIPS/MHz and 360+ DMIPS/mm2 (16FF)
- Support for DSP instructions
- MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler
- Extensive safety documentation eases SoC certification process