The Synopsys SuperSpeed USB IP complete solution is based on the USB 3.0 specification from the USB Implementers Forum and consists of the xHCI host and device controllers, PHY and verification IP. Additionally, the solution includes a SuperSpeed USB virtual platform and drivers to aid software development. Utilizing elements from a single vendor enables designers to quickly create SuperSpeed USB-based designs from concept through implementation and software development.
Next-generation applications, such as camcorders, portable media players and smartphones require higher bandwidth for faster "sync-and-go" functionality between PCs and portable electronic devices. SuperSpeed USB delivers more than 10x the data transfer rate of Hi-Speed USB and is backward compatible with previous USB technologies, offering the same ease-of-use and plug-and-play capabilities, while maintaining interoperability with existing USB products.
The USB 3.0 solution now includes a protocol analyzer for use with Synopsys USB 3.0 verification IP.
USB 3.0 University
If you are new to designing with USB, or looking for tips on implementing USB 3.0 IP, Synopsys' USB 3.0 University has a session for you. From a basic USB overview, to implementing USB on FPGAs, to top-level synthesis, you'll find the information you need in this instructional video series.
Synopsys DesignWare USB 3.0 Host, Device, and PHY SuperSpeed USB PerformanceSuper fast SuperSpeed USB 3.0 demonstrated in a real system.
- Comprehensive IP solution including xHCI host and device controllers, PHY, verification IP, virtual platform and drivers
- Supports SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) and Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- Implements low power features such as dual power rails and Unified Power Format features to maximize battery life for portable electronics
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 transaction-level models (TLM) enable pre-RTL & pre-silicon software development, verification & architecture exploration months before hardware & FPGA prototype
- Verification IP quickly verifies connectivity between the integrated IP and the SoC
- SuperSpeed USB IP offering from the #1 provider of USB IP for eleven years in a row (Gartner Dataquest 2012)