The DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort TX 1.3 TX IP solution consists of USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 PHYs, USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 controllers (Device, Host, or Dual-Role Device) with HDCP 2.2 content protection, verification IP, IP subsystems, IP prototyping kits and IP software development kits (SDKs). These elements accelerate development of advanced chip designs delivering video, data and power over a single Type-C connector.
The DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort TX 1.3 TX IP is targeted for integration into SoCs that support connections to high-definition (HD), 2K, 4K, and 8K Ultra High Definition (UHD) display from mobile devices, set-top boxes and other applications requiring fast data transfer and output of high-resolution content. The DesignWare IP solution delivers up to 10 Gbps data rates and simplifies users’ USB connection with reversible plug orientation and cable direction, bi-directional power and the DisplayPort alternate mode. The DisplayPort 1.3 alternate mode uses existing SuperSpeed USB lanes over USB Type-C connectors and cables to deliver up to 32.4 Gbps maximum link bandwidth with each of the four lanes running at 8.1 Gbps. The DesignWare IP USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX IP solution simplifies integration and reduces system-level costs by removing requirements for external crossbar switch components for the USB and DisplayPort datapaths.
The DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX IP solution integrates HDCP 2.2 content security, which is required to play back UHD 4K and higher-resolution content over DisplayPort 1.3 alternate mode. It creates a secure connection between a source and display by using industry standard public key and advanced encryption algorithms for successful content transfer. Synopsys’ HDCP 2.2 content protection IP provides designers with a complete and highly secure implementation of the HDCP 2.2 standard, including the entire control plane processing with authentication and key exchange protocols, as well as key stream generation. Incorporating HDCP 2.2 content protection in the DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX IP solution helps designers meet the stringent compliance requirements of the DCP LLC licensing authority.
As the leading supplier of USB IP, Synopsys enables designers to accelerate the integration of high-performance USB Type-C connectivity into their SoCs, while enabling secure delivery of high-definition video content.
DesignWare SuperSpeed USB 3.1 IP Solution
Downloads and Documentation
- Industry’s only USB Type-C IP solution consisting of USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX PHYs, USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX controllers with HDCP 2.2 and HDCP 1.4 content protection, verification IP, IP subsystems, IP prototyping kits, and IP software development kits
- Solution supports USB Type-C, SuperSpeed USB 3.1 at 10 Gbps, SuperSpeed USB 3.0 at 5 Gbps and High-Speed USB (USB 2.0) as well as DisplayPort 1.3 TX supporting RBR, HBR1, HBR2 and HBR3 bitrates
- Controllers support Device, Host, and Dual-Role Device USB-C 3.1 as well as DisplayPort 1.3 TX with HDCP 2.2 content protection
- DesignWare USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX PHY optimized for USB Type-C connectivity, conforming to latest USB 3.1 and DisplayPort 1.3 specifications
- Supports Type-C Port Controller, Type-C Port Controller Interface and Type-C Port Manager specifications for flexible hardware and software partitioning
- USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX Controller IP
- Lowest risk: Based on proven USB 3.0 controller shipped in 100s of millions of units
- Lowest power: Extend battery life in mobile devices (USB power saving modes, Uniform Power Format, hibernation option with dual power rails)
- Configurable data buffering options to optimize performance vs area
- Supports all USB speed modes
- DisplayPort 1.3a Transmit features optimized for USB Type-C
- Integrates with DesignWare HDCP 2.2 Embedded Security Modules
- USB-C 3.1/DisplayPort 1.3 TX PHY IP
- Supports 10 Gbps and 5 Gbps data rates
- Supports RBR, HBR1, HBR2 and HBR3 data rates
- Low active and standby power
- Small area for low silicon cost
- Optimized USB Type-C connectivity support