Synopsys IP for Serial ATA (SATA) Host with the Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) supports 1.5, 3 and 6Gb/sec transfer speeds as defined by the SATA v3.3 (backward compatible to SATA 2.6), the AHCI 1.3, and SATA PIPE v4.3 specifications. To ease system-level integration, the Synopsys SATA Host IP solution has an AMBA 2.0 AHB, an AMBA 3 AXI and an AMBA 4 AXI interface which extends the AHCI benefits to embedded system-on-chip (SoC) designs. The Synopsys SATA AHCI core IP has been fully verified with the industry-standard AHCI software drivers provided as part of the Linux® and Windows Vista™ operating systems. The Synopsys SATA AHCI IP solution has passed the SATA-IO Building Block Interoperability Testing, the golden standard of compliance to the SATA Specification.
The AHCI standard programming interface reduces custom platform software driver creation reducing the overall time from prototype to production. The Synopsys SATA digital host controller supports Asynchronous Notifications, Native Command Queuing (NCQ), Streaming NCQ and enables optimization for performance applications with up to 8 ports at a time. With its integrated DMA, high-speed operation is achieved without system overhead. Reduced gate count and very low power consumption is achieved by utilizing the set of highly configurable options which enable the core to be optimized based on the exact design requirements. The test environment for the digital host controller IP includes the Synopsys Verification IP, which enables SATA transactions generation, SATA protocol monitoring and AMBA subsystem transaction generation. Verilog-based tests are provided as examples to accelerate system integration.
You can view all Synopsys SATA videos here.
Synopsys SATA Complete Solution Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- supports 1.5, 3 & 6 Gbps SATA operations
- Compliant with SATA/eSATA v3.3, AHCI v1.3 and SATA PIPE v4.3 specifications
- AMBA 2.0 AHB and AMBA 3 AXI subsystem interfaces
- AMBA 4 AXI and ACE-Lite bus interfaces
- Memory data protection and memory address parity protection
- Supports ATA/TAPI-7 specification
- Supports power management features
- Supports BIST loop-back modes
- Supports up to 8 SATA devices per controller (configurable from 1 to 8 ports)
- Native command queuing, streaming, and asynchronous notification
- Port multiplier support with both command-based switch (CBS) and FIS-based switching (FBS)
- Optional mechanical presence switch, cold presence detect, and activity LED support
- Runs latest version of Windows or Linux AHCI software drivers “out of box”
- SATA-IO Building Block Interoperability Tested