Synopsys RFPHY IP for Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread, and Zigbee offers a highly integrated and ultra-low-power wireless connectivity solution for Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as wearables, industrial, smart homes, smart cities and automotive applications. The compact RFPHY IP operates below one-volt supply to extend battery life and includes an integrated on-chip RF transceiver matching network, single pin-to-antenna interface and LDO voltage regulators to lower bill of materials (BOM) cost, reduce PCB area and simplify system design. The RFPHY supports LE Audio for broadcast audio, audio sharing, and wireless stereo applications.
The RFPHY is connected to the Link Layer Controller or IEEE 802.15.4 MAC through a digital interface containing Tx/Rx data, real time control interface and register program interface. The RFPHY complies with the single mode Bluetooth Low Energy specification supporting GFSK modulation, and supports concurrent wireless connectivity between Bluetooth Low Energy and either Thread/Matter or Zigbee, in the 2.4 GHz band. The RFPHY is thoroughly tested and qualified in accordance with the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and Thread Group procedures, and is compliant with the Zigbee specification.
Integrating IP that adheres to industry standards enables designers to deliver energy-efficient IoT SoCs with less risk and accelerated time-to-market. For the first time in 7 years, BLE RFPHYs require changes to meet the upcoming new Bluetooth specifications in 2024 and beyond. The Synopsys RFPHY and Link Layer solutions have been designed and validated as a pair to form a complete BLE Controller Sub-system. This eliminates the risk and time consuming iterative integration process when a RFPHY and Link Layer Controller are sourced from two different IP vendors.
With the complete Synopsys IP solution, years of analog and RF design experience, and a broad portfolio of silicon-proven IP shipping in volume, Synopsys provides a robust wireless IP solution ready for integration into advanced SoC designs.
Synopsys Controller IP for Bluetooth, Thread, and Zigbee Datasheet
Synopsys RFPHY IP for Bluetooth, Thread, and Zigbee Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with the Bluetooth 5.4, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, and Zigbee specifications
- Supports LE Audio
- Data rate: up to 2 Mbps (Bluetooth low energy mode) and 250 Kbps (IEEE 802.15.4 mode)
- Up to 10dBm output transmit power
- Ultra-low-power/standby modes
- Single antenna pin with integrated matching network and antenna switch
- Low voltage operation down to 0.65V (22ULL)
- Integrated low-dropout regulators (LDOs)
- Offset cancellation loop
- Programmable channel filter bandwidth
- Automatic frequency correction
- Automatic VCO and Rx filter tuning
- Integrated PLL loop filter
- Fast XTAL wake up time
- Packet Arbitration support for use with on-board WiFi solutions
- Silicon verified and Bluetooth qualified
|Bluetooth low energy & IEEE 802.15.4 PHY IP in TSMC40ULP
|Bluetooth low energy & IEEE 802.15.4 PHY in TSMC 40ULPeF