Synopsys’ DesignWare® PHY IP for Bluetooth low energy, Thread, and Zigbee offers a highly integrated and ultra-low-power wireless connectivity solution for Internet of Things (IoT) applications such as wearables, industrial, smart homes and smart cities. The compact PHY IP operates below one-volt supply to extend battery life and includes an integrated on-chip RF transceiver matching network, single pin-to-antenna interface and voltage regulators to lower bill of materials (BOM) cost, reduce PCB area and simplify system design.
The PHY is connected to the Link Layer or IEEE 802.15.4 MAC through a digital interface containing Tx/Rx data, real time control interface and register program interface. The PHY complies with the single mode Bluetooth low energy specification supporting GFSK modulation, and it supports concurrent wireless connectivity between Bluetooth low energy, Thread and ZigBee, in the 2.4 GHz band. The PHY is thoroughly tested and qualified in accordance with the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and Thread Group procedures, and is compliant with the Zigbee specification. Integrating IP that adheres to industry standards enables designers to deliver energy-efficient IoT SoCs with less risk and accelerated time-to-market.
With the complete DesignWare IP solution, years of analog and RF design experience, and a broad portfolio of silicon-proven IP shipping in volume, Synopsys provides a robust wireless IP solution ready for integration into advanced SoC designs.
DesignWare Controller IP for Bluetooth, Thread, and Zigbee Datasheet
DesignWare PHY IP for Bluetooth, Thread, and Zigbee Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with the Bluetooth 5.1, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, and Zigbee specifications
- Data rate: up to 2 Mbps (Bluetooth low energy mode) and 250 Kbps (IEEE 802.15.4 mode)
- Up to 6dBm output transmit power
- Ultra-low-power/standby modes
- Single antenna pin with integrated matching network and antenna switch
- Low voltage operation down to 0.9V
- Integrated low-dropout regulators (LDOs) and optional DC-to-DC converter
- Offset cancellation loop
- Frequency hopping capability
- Programmable channel filter bandwidth
- Automatic frequency correction
- Automatic VCO and Rx filter tuning
- Integrated PLL loop filter
- Fast XTAL wake up time
- Silicon verified and qualified