The DesignWare® ARC® VPX5 DSP processor IP is a high-performance, VLIW / SIMD DSP core for high end computation applications. The VPX5 family is designed for high-performance automotive ADAS applications such as RADAR and LiDAR, baseband communications, as well as for multiple sensor fusion computation. The ARC VPX5 processor’s enhanced linear algebra and math vector processing makes it suitable for computation-intensive applications such as automotive powertrain, engine management, and sensor fusion. The VPX5 processor integrates a high-performance 32-bit scalar core, a 512-bit vector processing unit, and optional vector floating point units.
The VPX5 processor integrates a high-performance 32-bit scalar core, a 512-bit vector processing unit, 8, 16 and 32-bit SIMD computation engines compute from the 512-bit vector word. The processor has multiple advanced floating point computation engines as part of the native architecture, as well as two vector floating point engines, supporting half- and single-precision computation.
To speed application software development, the VPX processor family is supported by Synopsys’ ARC MetaWare Development Toolkit, which provides a comprehensive software programming environment, with an optimizing C/C++ vector compiler, debugger, instruction set simulator, as well as DSP and math libraries.
ARC VPX5 DSP Processor Block Diagram
ARC VPX5 DSP Processors
Downloads and Documentation
- Four-way VLIW combining scalar and vector operations
- 512-bit length vector word supported over a variety of SIMD computation engines
- IEEE 754-compliant vector floating point unit option offers single precision or half precision operations and advanced math functions
- 8, 16, and 32-bit integer SIMD engines
- Dual vector floating point SIMD pipes
- Hardware accelerated for linear and non-linear math floating point SIMD pipe operations and advanced math functions
- Scalar processor for non-vector code execution
- The ASIL B or D Ready VPX5FS processor integrates safety-critical hardware features
- Integrated AES encryption option for data protection
- MetaWare Development Toolkit with C++ / C-code with auto-vectorization