The Synopsys 10G Ethernet XGMAC IP is designed for 1/2.5/5/10G Ethernet applications, providing a comprehensive set of configurable features for an optimized implementation. It can be configured as MAC only, with a FIFO interface on the transmit and receive side or with an ARM® AMBA® AXI primary/secondary interface. The Management Data Input/Output (MDIO) access can be configured for the AMBA APB™ or AMBA AXI secondary interfaces.
The Synopsys XGMAC IP provides a 10G Media-Independent Interface (XGMII) for communication with a 10G PHY. This also provides a MDIO interface for addressing IEEE 802.3 compliant MDIO devices.
Synopsys Ethernet XGMAC can be coupled with standards compliant, full-duplex inline Synopsys MACsec Security Modules enabling designers to quickly integrate security in their system for a fast time-to-market and reduced risk.
Synopsys provides a complete, silicon-proven 10G Ethernet solution consisting of Controllers, PHYs, MACsec Security Modules, and Verification IP. The IP is proven in a wide range of applications including automotive, networking, HPC and consumer.
Synopsys 10G Ethernet XGMAC Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with the IEEE 802.3az-2010 specification
- Supports 1/2.5/5/10G data rates
- Supports VLAN tag processing Checksum insertion and AVB
- Supports IEEE 1588 PTP
- Complete network statistics (optional) with RMON/MIB counters
- MDIO interface and advanced power management features
- ASIL B Ready IP developed and assessed specifically for ISO 26262 random hardware faults with ASIL systematic in progress
- Verification IP for Ethernet and AMBA
- Easy integration with MACsec Security Modules