The Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet Media Access Controller (MAC) IP (XLGMAC) enables a host to transmit and receive data over Ethernet in compliance with the IEEE 802.3 and consortium specifications. The IP with support for 100G/50G/40G/25G/10G/5G/2.5G/1G Ethernet speeds has the following three major configurations:
- XLGMAC-CORE: Configured for a native interface
- XLGMAC-MTL: Configured with a transaction layer
- XLGMAC-AXI: Configured as a subsystem with an 4 AXI interface
The native application interface of the XLGMAC-CORE, XLGMAC-MTL, and 4 AXI interface of the XLGMAC-AXI enables easy integration of the Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet MAC Controller IP into 1G to 100G Ethernet host applications. The XLGMAC provides:
- An XLGMII interface for integration with the 25, 40, 50, and 100-Gigabit PHY
- An XGMII interface for integration with the 10-Gigabit PHY
- A GMII interface for integration with the 1-Gigabit PHY
The configurable XLGMAC IP is optimized for gate count and latency and offers a flexible RTL core for integration into a broad range of applications including network interface ports, backplane switches, and enterprise switches.
The Synopsys Ethernet IP solution includes configurable controllers and silicon-proven PHYs supporting speeds of up to 100G, verification IP, IP Prototyping Kits, Software Development Kits and Interface IP Subsystems.
Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet MAC Controller IP
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with IEEE standards including:
- IEEE 802.1AS-2011 and 802.1-Qav-2009 for Audio Video (AV) traffic
- IEEE 802.3 for Ethernet MAC, Gigabit Media Independent Interface (GMII), 10G Media Independent Interface (XGMII), 40G/100G Media Independent Interface (XLGMII).
- IEEE 1588-2008 for precision networked clock synchronization
- IEEE 802.3az-2010 for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- Arm AMBA 3.0 and AMBA 3 APB subordinate ports
- AMBA 4 AXI and ACE protocol specifications, February 2013, Arm for 4 AXI and 4 APB interfaces
- Interfaces to the PHY layer through a configurable interface supporting XLGMII/CGMII, XGMII or GMII interface
- Comprehensive deliverables packaged in an IP-XACT compatible .run file
- Includes Synopsys’ coreConsultant tool for easy configuration