The Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP (XLGPCS) provides an interface between a Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Medium Attachment Sublayer (PMA) through a Media Independent Interface (MII). The ASIL B Ready ISO 26262 certified Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP is available with an automotive safety package.
The Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP supports the following functions as per IEEE 802.3 and 25G consortium specifications (for 25G and 50G modes):
PCS sub layer functions
- PMA sub layer functions
- FEC functions
- Link Training
- Auto Negotiation
- Host Interface via APB3
The IP supports the following link types through the PMA layer:
As the leading supplier of Ethernet IP, Synopsys provides designers with a high-performance, easily-configurable Enterprise Ethernet IP solution. Synopsys’ expertise in developing and supporting Ethernet IP offers a low-risk, high-quality enterprise Ethernet IP solution with optimized configurations for a range of applications. The Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP is verified using state-of-the-art methodologies including the RTL design, verification, hardware verification and interoperability tests. It can be easily configured with a user-friendly application interface to accomplish functional and implementation objectives and meet design requirements. Coupled with the configurable Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet MAC Controller IP and the Synopsys Multi-Protocol 25G PHY supporting Ethernet, Synopsys provides designers with a complete solution for Enterprise Ethernet designs.
The Synopsys Ethernet IP solution includes configurable controllers and silicon-proven PHYs supporting speeds of up to 100G, verification IP, IP Prototyping Kits, Software Development Kits and Interface IP Subsystems.
Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with IEEE standards including:
- IEEE 802.3-2015 Clause 45, 46, 49, 69, 72, 73, 74, 81, 82, 83, 91, 92, and 93 (depending on configuration)
- IEEE 802.3az-2010
- IEEE 802.3ba-2010
- IEEEP802.3by June 2016 Clause 45, 69, 73, 74, 78, 106, 107, 108, and 109 (depending on configuration)
- IEEE 1588-2008 with 1-step timestamping
- 25G Consortium specifications for 25G & 50G r1.6 (Oct 15, 2015)
- Configurable for 10G, 25G, 40G, 50G and 100G Ethernet applications
- Integration tested with the Synopsys Enterprise Ethernet MAC and Multi-Protocol PHYs
- Comprehensive deliverables packaged in an IP-XACT compatible .run file
- Includes Synopsys’s coreConsultant tool for easy configuration