The DesignWare Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP (XLGPCS) provides an interface between a Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Medium Attachment Sublayer (PMA) through a Media Independent Interface (MII).
The DesignWare Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP supports the following functions as per IEEE 802.3 and 25G consortium specifications (for 25G and 50G modes):
PCS sub layer functions
- PMA sub layer functions
- FEC functions
- Link Training
- Auto Negotiation
- Host Interface via APB3
The IP supports the following link types through the PMA layer:
As the leading supplier of Ethernet IP, Synopsys provides designers with a high-performance, easily-configurable Enterprise Ethernet IP solution. Synopsys’ expertise in developing and supporting Ethernet IP offers a low risk, high-quality enterprise Ethernet IP solution with optimized configurations for a range of applications. The DesignWare Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP is verified using state-of-the-art methodologies including the RTL design, verification, hardware verification and interoperability tests. It can be easily configured with a user-friendly application interface to accomplish functional and implementation objectives as well as meet design requirements. Coupled with the configurable DesignWare Enterprise Ethernet MAC Controller IP and the DesignWare Multi-Protocol 25G PHY supporting Ethernet, Synopsys provides designers a complete solution for Enterprise Ethernet designs.
The DesignWare® Ethernet IP solution includes configurable controllers and silicon-proven PHYs supporting speeds of up to 100G, verification IP, IP Prototyping Kits, Software Development Kits and Interface IP Subsystems.
DesignWare Enterprise Ethernet PCS Controller IP
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with IEEE standards including:
- IEEE 802.3-2015 Clause 45, 46, 49, 69, 72, 73, 74, 81, 82, 83, 91, 92, and 93 (depending on configuration)
- IEEE 802.3az-2010
- IEEE 802.3ba-2010
- IEEEP802.3by June 2016 Clause 45, 69, 73, 74, 78, 106, 107, 108, and 109 (depending on configuration)
- IEEE 1588-2008 with 1-step timestamping
- 25G Consortium specifications for 25G & 50G r1.6 (Oct 15, 2015)
- Configurable for 10G, 25G, 40G, 50G and 100G Ethernet applications
- Integration tested with the DesignWare Enterprise Ethernet MAC and Multi-Protocol PHYs
- Comprehensive deliverables packaged in an IP-XACT compatible .run file
- Includes Synopsys’s coreConsultant tool for easy configuration