The Synopsys 25G Ethernet MAC IP is designed for 1/2.5/5/10/25G Ethernet applications. It can be configured as MAC only, with a FIFO interface on the transmit and receive side or with an Arm® AMBA® AXI interface. Management Register access can be configured to use the AMBA APB or AMBA AXI slave interfaces. The IP includes Hyper DMA with up to 128/256 channels. The MAC IP provides a 25G Media-Independent Interface (XGMII) for communication with a corresponding PHY in 2.5/5/10/25G modes and a GMII interface in 1G mode. Also provided is a MDIO controller interface capable of addressing IEEE 802.3 compliant MDIO devices.
Synopsys 25G Ethernet MAC can be coupled with standards compliant, full-duplex inline Synopsys MACsec Security Modules enabling designers to quickly integrate security in their system for a fast time-to-market and reduced risk.
Synopsys provides a complete, silicon-proven 25G Ethernet solution consisting of Controllers, PHYs, MACsec Security Modules, and Verification IP. The cores are proven in various end applications ranging from automotive, networking, compute, and consumer.
Synopsys 25G Ethernet MAC IP Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Compliant with the IEEE 802.3 specification
- Supports 1/2.5/5/10/25G speeds
- Supports AVB/TSN standards: 802.1AS-2021, 802.1Qbv, 802.1Qbu, 802.1Qci, IEEE 802.1Qcr-2020
- Supports IEEE 1588 PTP
- Complete Network statistics (optional) with RMON/MIB counters
- Supports virtualization up to 128/256 channels
- MDIO interface and advanced power management features
- Supports Double VLAN tag processing
- Automotive IP core meeting ISO 26262 with ASIL D compliant (ASIL B Random) certification with AC version
- Verification IP for Ethernet and AMBA
- Silicon-proven controller design
- Easy integration with Synopsys MACsec Security Modules