The ASIL B and ASIL D ready DesignWare ARC VPX5FS DSP Processors enable automotive system-on-chip (SoC) designers to accelerate advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) RADAR, and LiDAR sensor processing application development and ISO 26262 certification for computation-intensive systems. To provide greater flexibility to automotive design teams and address evolving requirements, the ARC VPX5FS processor offers a “hybrid” option that enables users to select required safety levels up to ASIL D in software, post silicon. The VPX5FS DSP processors include state-of-the-art hardware safety features including diagnostic error injection, windowed watchdog timers, error classification, and software diagnostic tests as well as safety monitors and lockstep capabilities for safety-critical modules.
Comprehensive safety documentation, including safety manuals, FMEDA, and DFMEA reports accelerate SoC-level functional safety assessments. The ARC VPX5FS processor is supported by the ARC MetaWare Toolkit for Safety with ASIL D certified compiler to generate ISO 26262 compliant code. These features enable designers to achieve high levels of fault coverage as required for ASIL certifications without a significant effect on performance, power, or area.
ARC VPX5FS DSP Processor Block Diagram
ARC VPX5FS DSP Processors for Automotive
- Integrated hardware safety features with minimal area and power impact supports ASIL B and ASIL D safety levels
- Four-issue VLIW combining scalar and vector operations, with 512-bit length vector word supported over a variety of SIMD computation engines
- Support for integer and single- and half-precision floating point data types
- IEEE 754-compliant vector floating point unit option offers single-or half-precision operations and advanced math functions
- AES encryption option protects valuable data such as sensor data
- MetaWare Development Toolkit including C/C++ compiler with auto-vectorization and DSP and math libraries, giving faster time for algorithm development