The Synopsys ARC® HS Development Kits are ready-to-use platforms for rapid software development on the ARC HS processors.
ARC HS Development Kit
The ARC HS Development Kit supports single- and multi-core ARC HS34, HS36 and HS38 processors and offers a wide range of interfaces including Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, SDIO, I2C, SPI, UART, I2S, ADC, PWM and GPIO. A Vivante GPU is also contained in the ARC Development System SoC. This allows developers to build and debug complex software on a comprehensive hardware platform.
ARC HS4x/HS4xD Development Kit
The ARC HS4x/HS4xD Development Kit includes a multicore ARC HS4xD-based chip that integrates a wide range of interfaces including Ethernet, HDMI, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, SDIO, I2C, SPI, UART, I2S, ADC, PWM and GPIO, as well as a Think Silicon GPU.
The kits are supported with an extensive range of open source software from bare metal drivers and RTOSes to complete Linux distributions. The Linux distributions can be built with Buildroot and Yocto. The embARC Open Software Platform (OSP) supports the ARC HS Development Kit and includes drivers, FreeRTOS and middleware targeted at IoT and general embedded applications. Toolchain support is provided by the GNU Toolchain for ARC Processors and the MetaWare Development Toolkit. All the open source software is available from the embARC.org web site. The MetaWare Development Toolkit is a commercial tool available from Synopsys.
For debugging and trace, JTAG debug probes can be connected via one of the two debug headers. It is also possible to use a standard USB cable for debugging. In addition, The ARC HSDK supports ARC Real-Time Trace (RTT) and the ARC HSDK4x/4xD supports ARC Trace.
Synopsys ARC HS Development Kit Datasheet
Synopsys ARC HS4x/HS4xD Development Kit Datasheet
- Supports all ARC HS3x and HS45D, HS47D, and HS48 processors
- Single-, dual- and quad-core configurations
- Ethernet 10/100/1000, USB 2.0
- HDMI support
- WiFi/Bluetooth module with worldwide regulatory compliance (FCC, IC, CE, ETSI, TELEC)
- Free software includes U-Boot bootloader, ARC Linux and embARC Open Software Platform (OSP)
- Comprehensive debugging with JTAG debug and real-time trace support
- Customize with Arduino, Pmod (x3), and mikroBUS connectors
- Extend with HapsTrak3 extension connectors with fast AXI tunnel for system prototyping