The Synopsys DesignWare® USB 2.0 Type-C IP solution for IoT applications includes controllers and PHYs optimized for cost-sensitive and energy-efficient IoT edge applications.
Based on Synopsys USB 2.0 IP that has been certified more than 90 times and integrated in thousands of SoCs, the DesignWare USB 2.0 Type-C IP cuts silicon area by up to 50% compared to competitive offerings, saving on average $0.03 per die.
To extend battery life, the USB IP uses 30% lower active power compared to competing solutions and near 0W of standby power. The DesignWare USB 2.0 Type-C IP supports the Unified Power Format (UPF) standard, which speeds implementation and testing of power domains.
For the fastest, most efficient development, the IP eliminates the 80% of standard USB 2.0 configuration options that are not essential to IoT systems.
In addition to the DesignWare USB 2.0 Type-C Controllers and PHYs, Synopsys offers USB IP prototyping kits, IP software development kits and verification IP to enable early software development, reduce IP integration risk and speed time-to-market.
DesignWare USB 2.0 Type-C IP for IoT Datasheet
Downloads and Documentation
- Saves on average $0.03 per die with 50% smaller USB silicon area than competing solutions
- Extends battery life with near 0W standby power consumption and 30% lower active power
- Saves months of implementation and verification effort with simplified configuration options
- Supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Full Speed, and Low Speed
- Backwards compatible with USB 1.1 operating at 1.5 Mbps (Low- Speed) and 12 Mbps (Full-Speed)
- Can be used in HS On-the-Go, Dual Role, Host and Device applications
- Supports the Battery Charging v1.2 specification
- Supports USB Type-C™ connector standard